Favourite Beatles and Stones songs

I know, my Missus is like this with artists - I mean I’m not a Madonna or a Michael Jackson “fan” but they’ve both had some cracking songs, inevitable that with artists with huge back catalogues that there’ll be something you connect with, I’d say anyway..

Your missus is not like me. I don't have a favourite Beatles song for the same reason I don't have a favourite Justin Bieber song, they do nothing for me. With the Stones I could pick 10 songs which could possibly be my favourite.

Almost impossible to decide and my selections today would no doubt be different if i was asked again in a few months time.

Beatles - A Day In The Life, (just missed out - Something, Here Comes the Sun, The Night Before, Strawberry Fields, In My Life)
Stones - Gimme Shelter (just missed out - Wild Horses, Angie, Sympathy For The Devil)

I love a lot of Beatles songs. I was 10 in 1962 and they provided the sound track throughout my growing up years to adulthood. If I had to pick oneI would say Glass Onion followed by Strawberry Fields Cry Baby Cry and Dear Prudence
(I have to say that I couldn't claim that any of the Beatles songs chosen by other posters as their favorite was wrong)

Of the Stones I would say Sympathy for the Devil followed by Jumping Jack Flash

Last edited:

Back