Favourite Auf Wiedersehen Pet moments?

I read it was Timothy Spall's (Barry's) birthday yesterday. Happy birthday Barry and thanks for giving us so many laughs.

Here are 10 all time classics from Series 1 and 2,

1. I'm the sort of bloke who buys a packet of 3 and wonders if I'll use them before the expiry date.
2. I shouldn't really be here. "Oh, why's that, er, Barry?" Cos I don't work for you lot.
3. Tap dancing "if you wanna be loved"
4. Nothing could replace you, Barry. "Aww, thanks very much Bomber".
5. Barry stopping still at the start of the race across the minefield.
6. (Jumping from the Inter Continental Hotel with Wayne.) Wayne says "come on Barry, it's not far". Barry replies "not for the SAS it's not. And I'm not talking about the airline).
7. Room 612, Inter Continental Hotel. "They think we're muggers, Wayne".
8. Barry, Barry Taylor. "Leather, Terry Leather".
9. Magowan when they are waiting for their wages after Herr Pfister is late. "I'm gonna take this hosepipe and stick it right up his jacksie". Barry replied "well that's one way I suppose. Or you could always take a firm approach".
10. Would you like to come back to our hut?

Happy birthday to the radish.

@STUMPY
@gluepot
@hank williams
@Spam Javelin

Any favourites to add?

Yes I will go and join them, it’ll probably be in The Bell and Dragon drinking penis colada’s till dawn :lol:

High noon at the Manor and "the kick" (obviously)
His brother in law who lost his wife gambling.
In the lift with Wayne with that jacket
Brass rubbing Oh ffffff
That's democracy!!

Ahhh Private Lives .... I want to watch it NOW

Love watching Private Lives, sometimes just watch that one on its own if I have the house to myself. Getting my son into it too now.
High noon at the Manor and "the kick" (obviously)
His brother in law who lost his wife gambling.
In the lift with Wayne with that jacket
Brass rubbing Oh ffffff
That's democracy!!

Ahhh Private Lives .... I want to watch it NOW
In the lift with Wayne... "you look adorable son"...
Losing the captaincy of the quiz team because denzil Robinson was the verger son nepotism makes you sick

Getting arrested cause the Polis thought he was a vandal
I'm growing a beard very good Barry I'll. Inform the press

I'll inform the press was another great one Hank.

Last edited:
I read it was Timothy Spall's (Barry's) birthday yesterday. Happy birthday Barry and thanks for giving us so many laughs.

Here are 10 all time classics from Series 1 and 2,

1. I'm the sort of bloke who buys a packet of 3 and wonders if I'll use them before the expiry date.
2. I shouldn't really be here. "Oh, why's that, er, Barry?" Cos I don't work for you lot.
3. Tap dancing "if you wanna be loved"
4. Nothing could replace you, Barry. "Aww, thanks very much Bomber".
5. Barry stopping still at the start of the race across the minefield.
6. (Jumping from the Inter Continental Hotel with Wayne.) Wayne says "come on Barry, it's not far". Barry replies "not for the SAS it's not. And I'm not talking about the airline).
7. Room 612, Inter Continental Hotel. "They think we're muggers, Wayne".
8. Barry, Barry Taylor. "Leather, Terry Leather".
9. Magowan when they are waiting for their wages after Herr Pfister is late. "I'm gonna take this hosepipe and stick it right up his jacksie". Barry replied "well that's one way I suppose. Or you could always take a firm approach".
10. Would you like to come back to our hut?

Happy birthday to the radish.

@STUMPY
@gluepot
@hank williams
@Spam Javelin

Any favourites to add?
Den- monday, barry- monday !!! That only gives ya 4 days to finish me house.

Personally I think series 2 is the best out the lot. Kenny Ames and particular Ali Fraser were superb additions to the cast. At the time Bill Patterson was a cut above the rest acting wise and it showed on screen. One of the great tv baddies imo
Currently rewatching on BritBox, and Fraser seems far less of a villain than I remembered him. He’s actually incredibly patient and tolerates an incredible amount, given the capacity of the lunatics he is dealing with to cause trouble.

An example being when Oz storms into his office and knocks out Big Baz thinking he’s threatening Dennis, just as Fraser is ordering himself and Dennis a curry. The last episode of S2 now seems less like the acts of a villain and more like a fairly decent bloke who has been completely pushed to the edge of his sanity.

Currently rewatching on BritBox, and Fraser seems far less of a villain than I remembered him. He’s actually incredibly patient and tolerates an incredible amount, given the capacity of the lunatics he is dealing with to cause trouble.

An example being when Oz storms into his office and knocks out Big Baz thinking he’s threatening Dennis, just as Fraser is ordering himself and Dennis a curry. The last episode of S2 now seems less like the acts of a villain and more like a fairly decent bloke who has been completely pushed to the edge of his sanity.

Leaving Vicky in tears whilst cutting her clothes up and trashing the room the acts of a decent bloke?

Leaving Vicky in tears whilst cutting her clothes up and trashing the room the acts of a decent bloke?
That’s the last episode of the series. I’m talking about up until that point, you never see him do anything that’s actually bad.

His villainy before that point is pretty much just the result of hearsay and a shadowy reputation.

That’s the last episode of the series. I’m talking about up until that point, you never see him do anything that’s actually bad.

His villainy before that point is pretty much just the result of hearsay and a shadowy reputation.

He got some gadgie beaten up for not paying his money due and Dennis witheld £25k in case anything happened to him, or his family, or his mates.

Back