Favourite 80s arcade games (working links)

When I saw the thread title I thought of a side scrolling rocket ship that fired and dropped bombs. Was that scramble ?
i think it was. Flying into a tunnel, avoiding incoming things, dipping down to pick up fuel and further rockets

One of my major childhood memories is going down the spiral stairs from the cafe in Crowtree and hearing the music to 'Twin Cobra' (the helicopter game) blasting out. Can still hear it in my head.

I recall whacking the moles on the heed with a hammer when they popped up out of their holes.

Great way to get rid of a bit excess energy.

Had it on my ST and could never do it as a kid. Went back to it a few years later and it was loads easier. Did the levels start repeating after a while?

Yes, after level 18 but the enemies get harder.

The original port on the Amiga wasn't very good so I coded my own and released it last week - Bomb Jack Beer Edition, it's close to arcade perfect with additional levels if you get high bonus points.

Yes, after level 18 but the enemies get harder.

The original port on the Amiga wasn't very good so I coded my own and released it last week - Bomb Jack Beer Edition, it's close to arcade perfect with additional levels if you get high bonus points.

Awesome. Never played it in the arcade, so i'll take your word that it's perfect :D

The music for the ST version will be forever ingrained into my brain.

Back