Favourite 80s arcade games (working links)

I started playing super mario bros on my snes mini last night - its been 30 years since i first started playing it but all the little places to get free lives, mushrooms etc just came flooding back. Going to see if i can complete the fucker tonight!!
I finally completed SM3 the other night. I high fived the 13 year old me

Any Monkey Island games available on a browser?
It’s on the PS store for like £3 I think

An Amiga 3.5" floppy disk used to hold only 880kb, not even 1mb! Fkn mental that man. How times have changed.
It’s how fast it’s changed. I read somewhere (in 2016) that if you take the very first computer and the latest computer the PS3 is the middle of the road :lol:

Last edited:

There used to be a game in a cafe (at least I think it was a cafe) which was in Crowtree Road in the early/mid 80's. In the same block as McGurk's, but more up towards the Londonderry end. It was a laserdisc game. Only one I recall ever seeing. Having checked it out just now, I'm pretty sure it was Astron Belt.

That sounds like a pub i want to go to.
Even better there’s about 5/6 of them! Only downside is there’s a lot of loud septics get in there. Who then proceed to ask me where in australia I’m from :lol: I have quite a thick London accent haha! Literally 90% of them think Australian. Very odd.

asteroids
Tron
track and field :cool:

Did you used to cheat at track and field by using the half egg cups out of the machines.,to make them run faster. :lol:

I started playing super mario bros on my snes mini last night - its been 30 years since i first started playing it but all the little places to get free lives, mushrooms etc just came flooding back. Going to see if i can complete the fucker tonight!!

Super Mario was easy until you came to the up and down bit at the end, about 4 from the end. If you got it wrong you just ran out of time. :lol:

Last edited:
Did you used to cheat at track and field by using the half egg cups out of the machines.,to make them run faster. :lol:

Super Mario was easy until you came to the up and down bit at the end, about 4 from the end. If you got it wrong you just ran out of time. :lol:

No, didn't know you could do that
thanks mate, you've just completely RUINED my childhood !!!!!!!! :cry::cry:
:lol:

I finally completed SM3 the other night. I high fived the 13 year old me

It’s on the PS store for like £3 I think

It’s how fast it’s changed. I read somewhere (in 2016) that if you take the very first computer and the latest computer the PS3 is the middle of the road :lol:

Will have a loOk on os store. Cheers

There used to be a game in a cafe (at least I think it was a cafe) which was in Crowtree Road in the early/mid 80's. In the same block as McGurk's, but more up towards the Londonderry end. It was a laserdisc game. Only one I recall ever seeing. Having checked it out just now, I'm pretty sure it was Astron Belt.

Some of those ships had big grins and shades on.

Dig dug
Sinistar
Joust
Zaxxon
Carnival (in Ricky's cafe on Fulwell road)
Defender
Super space invaders (Trying to get a rainbow)
Galaxians
Guerrilla
Bomb jack

Dig dug - liked this.. plays incredibly slow these days.
Sinistar - don't know it
Joust - smooth but dull
Zaxxon - didn't like the angle
Carnival (in Ricky's cafe on Fulwell road)- surprisingly addictive.. Roberts amusements in Bishop
Defender - great to watch someone good at it.. always seemed too many buttons for me back then and so bloody fast
Super space invaders (Trying to get a rainbow) - nowt special
Galaxians - Preferred Galaga..
Guerrilla
Bomb jack

Back