Faux pas (that you got away with)

A colleague was on autopilot talking to her boss a few weeks back and while trying to finish the call mistakingly said "love you, bye"

A colleague was on autopilot talking to her boss a few weeks back and while trying to finish the call mistakingly said "love you, bye"

As a schoolkid I use to produce a Computer game fanzine and from time to time would track down and ring up the programmers for interviews etc and one time I did exactly what your colleague did...to a bloke anarl :) Bizarre.

I was at a wedding and met a lass my wife works with, her husband and both of their two little kids.

It's important at this point to say that they were and Afro Caribbean family.

Any hooooo, we were chatting away having a few laughs when their little boy (about 2) was playing and fell over next to me.
I jumped up and picked him up as he gave himself quite a shock, and I said .....

"Come here ya little monkey, what have you done there"

It took a couple of second to twig (it's something I've said to my kids for years) and I thought SHIT, what the F**** have you just said.
I spun around to my wife and this couple just staring, open jawed at me.

I started to try and save myself, explaining that I didn't mean it like that etc, I was going purple with embarrassment.
All three of them just burst out laughing at the sight of me in absolute panic.

Affair rumbled?
Nah, it was between 2 lasses, I think she was just on autopilot
As a schoolkid I use to produce a Computer game fanzine and from time to time would track down and ring up the programmers for interviews etc and one time I did exactly what your colleague did...to a bloke anarl :) Bizarre.
:lol:

I called me teacher mam a few times in primary school and once in secondary school (first year) and then had serious words with meself about my own behaviour

I was drinking in pubs in newcastle on derby day. The barcodes chanted 'n and e and w c, a and s, t l e. I boomed out, Newcastle United, F**K OFF! at the appropriate time. Thankfully someone thought I was just being a tad aggressive at saying excuse me and moved aside! Could have been much worse

Back