Fatal stabbing at Eldon Square

Oh, I'm sure plenty of money will be spent so he can 'rebuild his life', 'turn his life around', 'get back on track' etc. etc. blah blah. :mad:

I think those hand wringing apologists who sign off thugs for early release should take some responsibility - if he re offends ( despite you saying they are not a threat to society) - then you , Mr Parole will have an equal sentence imposed on you .

That might just sharpen your focus when making big decisions.

I think those hand wringing apologists who sign off thugs for early release should take some responsibility - if he re offends ( despite you saying they are not a threat to society) - then you , Mr Parole will have an equal sentence imposed on you .

That might just sharpen your focus when making big decisions.

You think someone doing a job should get a life sentence if they make a wrong decision while doing it?

Bizarre thinking.

You think someone doing a job should get a life sentence if they make a wrong decision while doing it?

Bizarre thinking.

Time and time again we hear reports of viscous re offending despite being released early . That release is based on Probation Service reports that the offender is deemed not a threat to society.
These “ wrong decisions “ keep happening , they are made often on misguided opinions.
I understand the perception of bizarre thinking here - I see it as protecting the innocent victims of an attack caused by a politically motivated drive to release dangerous criminals .

Perhaps a custodial sentence is harse , but I ve seen no responsibility taken by the Probation Service when they ve clearly got it badly wrong.

Time and time again we hear reports of viscous re offending despite being released early . That release is based on Probation Service reports that the offender is deemed not a threat to society.
These “ wrong decisions “ keep happening , they are made often on misguided opinions.
I understand the perception of bizarre thinking here - I see it as protecting the innocent victims of an attack caused by a politically motivated drive to release dangerous criminals .

Perhaps a custodial sentence is harse , but I ve seen no responsibility taken by the Probation Service when they ve clearly got it badly wrong.

The parole board is not the probation service. Threads like this make me think why justice and punishment is left to those with a bit of brains rather than the pitchfork brigade tbh.

The parole board is not the probation service. Threads like this make me think why justice and punishment is left to those with a bit of brains rather than the pitchfork brigade tbh.

OK

Let’s leave the system alone , let’s not question whoever it is that signs off the release , let’s allow political pressure to get prison numbers down to trump the safety of society.

And let’s not worry too much when some innocent victim is murdered by someone clearly not fit for release.

All I m advocating is some responsibility and accountability of people who make these decisions- because the statistics ( not my opinion )reveal that they are getting it badly wrong .

OK

Let’s leave the system alone , let’s not question whoever it is that signs off the release , let’s allow political pressure to get prison numbers down to trump the safety of society.

And let’s not worry too much when some innocent victim is murdered by someone clearly not fit for release.

All I m advocating is some responsibility and accountability of people who make these decisions- because the statistics ( not my opinion )reveal that they are getting it badly wrong .

The easiest way to get prison numbers down is to not to put so many in there in the first place. But that's completely different about the early release of serious offenders.

Serious crime and release and re-offending isn't black and white like you were trying to make out.

The easiest way to get prison numbers down is to not to put so many in there in the first place. But that's completely different about the early release of serious offenders.

Serious crime and release and re-offending isn't black and white like you were trying to make out.

Cheers fella , enjoyed the debate.

The photos of him and his mates on facebook man. Covering their faces, pulling all those gangster handshakes, standing in front of (highly likely other people's) Mercedes.

Cretins.

Back