Fat Spanish waiter to be given £70 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some of the people are just upset on here cos we've had a loan player from Chelsea that's turned out to be a good signing and they can't get over having their pocket picked for Djilobodji
You do realise it was the championship he played in right ? How many games did he get in the PL at Bournemouth and Everton? Stunk the place out

I agree he will be a bit part player so it's nothing to get too excited about, I also agree he is better than gouffran.

However, I raise your 10m rodwell to a 13m mitrovic.

Lots of passion but he's absolutely shite

You can't raise from Rodwell with a bloke that has scored 15 goals in two seasons, and didn't play in the losing side 38 games in a row.

I think some of the people are just upset on here cos we've had a loan player from Chelsea that's turned out to be a good signing and they can't get over having their pocket picked for Djilobodji

Canny few mags were calling him shit until he scored a free kick at the end of the season which has earned him a move. Fair play

You do realise it was the championship he played in right ? How many games did he get in the PL at Bournemouth and Everton? Stunk the place out

Was recalled from his loan at Bournemouth because he wasn't getting a game.

From what I've seen of him, he's a decent enough squad player for us. Scored a handful of goals, and always looks like he wants to try and make something happen.
35 appearances last year, so obviously Rafa rates him enough to pay to keep hold of him, and Benitez is doing a good job so far.

Was recalled from his loan at Bournemouth because he wasn't getting a game.

From what I've seen of him, he's a decent enough squad player for us. Scored a handful of goals, and always looks like he wants to try and make something happen.
35 appearances last year, so obviously Rafa rates him enough to pay to keep hold of him, and Benitez is doing a good job so far.
Doubt many PL clubs would have him tbh

£10m - £6.2m leaves £3.8m. Do you really think his signing-on fee and his annual wage will make up £3.8m?

Gouffran is on his way out and we've added a player. I'm not sure how that isn't an improvement?

I bet he's on £40K a week and signing on fee is usually around 10% of the transfer, so it wouldn't be far short of £10m.

The fact Gouffran is out on a free also, means you've spent best part of £10m and your squad is actually weaker than it was last season. Priceless!

I bet he's on £40K a week and signing on fee is usually around 10% of the transfer, so it wouldn't be far short of £10m.

The fact Gouffran is out on a free also, means you've spent best part of £10m and your squad is actually weaker than it was last season. Priceless!

As if that's the only business we are going to do.

Pure speculation :lol:

Not far short = more than 10% out.

That's the risk you take when you loan players, if you're interested in making the move permanent you're looking at paying to 'stand still'. £6m is buttons these days and he's an upgrade on Gouffran. There'll be a lot more to come from us both players in and players out.

Last edited:

That's the risk you take when you loan players, if you're interested in making the move permanent you're looking at paying to 'stand still'. £6m is buttons these days and he's an upgrade on Gouffran. There'll be a lot more to come from us both players in and players out.

Don't forget Anita is also out of contract, so the money saved on Anita and Gouffrans wages is probably somewhere near £3m a year.
I reckon Atsu will be on closer to 25k, nowhere near the 40k speculated on here.
So really there's no issue keeping Atsu.

I'm not disputing you will make more transfers, but i think this shows that £50m - £70m will not go far at all these days and another 2 or 3 signings like this and you will struggle.

Don't forget Anita is also out of contract, so the money saved on Anita and Gouffrans wages is probably somewhere near £3m a year.
I reckon Atsu will be on closer to 25k, nowhere near the 40k speculated on here.
So really there's no issue keeping Atsu.

So that's two players leaving that featured heavily last season and £6.5m gone on transfer fee's, to weaken your squad or are you going to deny those are the facts?

I'm not disputing you will make more transfers, but i think this shows that £50m - £70m will not go far at all these days and another 2 or 3 signings like this and you will struggle.

So that's two players leaving that featured heavily last season and £6.5m gone on transfer fee's, to weaken your squad or are you going to deny those are the facts?

The season isn't even finished in lots of leagues, not worried at all that out of contract players are allowed to leave. If the manager wanted to keep them, they'd have been offered a new deal.
Rafa knows what he's doing better than me.
If this was the state of play in late July, i might start worrying, but the fact is we've already got the wheels in motion and we played our final game just over a week ago.

I disagree, I don't think that this promoted Newcastle side is significantly weaker than the Watford, Burnley, Bournemouth sides that came up and none of them have spent £80m in their first season in the top flight.

We have weaknesses, no doubt, but there's this line that we 'need 8 first team players at least' and we'd need to spend £100m in our first season back! That's just mental. Burnley have spent c£60m over two seasons, Bournemouth £82m, Watford £130m. I don't believe we're that much weaker than they were when they went up.
Newcastle have weaknesses...No sh1t Sherlock.

The same weaknesses that go back to the constant inability to keep clean sheets. Under Benitez it has looked better but we've just come out of a kick and run division and are going back to one where individual skill is a prized asset. The back line needs serious work...

Where did I say he didn't ? Let's get back to Atsu for almost £7m though :p #Rafalution
cba to go searching, but you've churtled plenty at Murphy's inclusion in Newcastle's squad this season.

£6.2m is buttons in this market for a 25yr old attacking player and you know it.

cba to go searching, but you've churtled plenty at Murphy's inclusion in Newcastle's squad this season.

£6.2m is buttons in this market for a 25yr old attacking player and you know it.
Yep, sure is...if he can score goals or draw defenders out of position

Newcastle have weaknesses...No sh1t Sherlock.

The same weaknesses that go back to the constant inability to keep clean sheets. Under Benitez it has looked better but we've just come out of a kick and run division and are going back to one where individual skill is a prized asset. The back line needs serious work...

Not sure it needs a huge overhaul, but a decent CB and a LB are, imo, a priority.

About standard price for a championship level winger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back