Fasted cardio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulwellmackem

Midfield
managed 2 mile with two 10% gradients yesterday and today, should I try and build on this by an extra mile at a time or half a mile etc?

Cheers

FM

Normal outdoor running or treadmill?

I would ask on the running thread, regardless of whether it's fasted or not the old adage was to increase distance or time by no more than 10% per week. But you need to listen to your body and factor in your total weekly distance/time.

Why are you doing fasted cardio? If it's just preference then that's fine, if you can stomach eating first but are doing it for fat loss, just eat

Just keep adding, used to run 12 miles to work in fasted state a couple of times a week, the more you do it the easier it gets, there is 50,000 stored calories of fat in even a lean runners body.

managed 2 mile with two 10% gradients yesterday and today, should I try and build on this by an extra mile at a time or half a mile etc?

Cheers

FM
Too much that fasted mate, anything that taxing fasted will increase the chances of burning muscle as well as fat. As long as you have a caloric deficit you will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back