Farewell @Maximus

A privilege to be there today with others from the forum..... outstanding turn out for one of our own.

Thank you for the lift to the pub after and it was a pleasure meeting you sir FTM

On behalf of @Maximus ' Dad and all our family, we were overwhelmed at the turnout for his funeral today. After taking Stephen on his last visit to the Stadium of Light we arrived at the Crematorium to a vision of Red and White…….I guarantee he will have been grinning from ear to ear! We knew our Stephen was well thought of, but to see people come from all over the UK was truly humbling. Thank you so much to @KENT-FTM for the flag, @Maximus would have loved it and it helped to make his send-off even more special. We would also like to thank everyone for their generous donations to the Bradley Lowery Foundation, and we are honoured to be donating over £650 to a cause close to his heart.

Thanks again.
Keep the faith
Lisa
xx
#RedandWhiteArmy

Logon or register to see this image

First of all my apologies for taking so long to get back to you Lisa...9hrs and god knows how many pints later:eek:

Thank you so much for letting me drape my flag over the coffin during the service, it was both an honour and a privilege to do so.

At the end as people filled out I was led behind the curtain to collect my flag and while doing so took a few pics in the process.

I'm lost for words as how to thank you enough for letting me do today what I did......Maximus got the send off he deserved.

Take care.
Thank you again.

Love Andy x (MAIDSTONE FTM)

Last edited by a moderator:

On behalf of @Maximus ' Dad and all our family, we were overwhelmed at the turnout for his funeral today. After taking Stephen on his last visit to the Stadium of Light we arrived at the Crematorium to a vision of Red and White…….I guarantee he will have been grinning from ear to ear! We knew our Stephen was well thought of, but to see people come from all over the UK was truly humbling. Thank you so much to @KENT-FTM for the flag, @Maximus would have loved it and it helped to make his send-off even more special. We would also like to thank everyone for their generous donations to the Bradley Lowery Foundation, and we are honoured to be donating over £650 to a cause close to his heart.

Thanks again.
Keep the faith
Lisa
xx
#RedandWhiteArmy

I’m just so glad I went, and so glad I got to meet some lovely people off here.
It was an honour to be part of his send off
You picture didn’t post, I posted it on the thread on PF, I hope you don’t mind me posting it here on your behalf
xx

Stephen was a close friend/Work colleague and will most definately never be missed. I think he would have been proud of the turn out today and most definately had a chuckle or two.

Thank you for the lift to the pub after and it was a pleasure meeting you sir FTM

First of all my apologies for taking so long to get back to you Lisa...9hrs and god knows how many pints later:eek:

Thank you so much for letting me drape my flag over the coffin during the service, it was both an honour and a privilege to do so.

At the end as people filled out I was led behind the curtain to collect my flag and while doing so took a few pics in the process.

I'm lost for words as how to thank you enough for letting me do today what I did......Maximus got the send off he deserved.

Take care.
Thank you again.

Was good to meet you Andy, your actions were greatly appreciated by all.
Hope you have a good trip back.
KTF
Nigel

Last edited:
Stephen was a close friend/Work colleague and will most definately never be missed. I think he would have been proud of the turn out today and most definately had a chuckle or two.

Was good to meet you Andy, your actions were greatly appreciated by all.
Hope you have a good trip back.
KTF
Nigel

Was a pleasure to meet you too marra.

Yesterday was the least I could have done for Maximus.

And your Dutch pronunciations of the towns/cities you mentioned were spot on:cool:

Thanks again.
Keep the faith
Lisa
xx
#RedandWhiteArmy

Outstanding.

God bless @Maximus and all of his people.

As promised, I took a trip down to Loch Insh, a favourite spot of Stephen's to watch the resident Ospreys, sadly they've not arrived back yet but as I was heading home to Boat of Garten, I saw one flying over Loch Pityoulish - I'm sure Stephen would have approved
Raising a belated glass tonight in the Highlands to my fellow SAFC and Osprey lover - RIP mate

As promised, I took a trip down to Loch Insh, a favourite spot of Stephen's to watch the resident Ospreys, sadly they've not arrived back yet but as I was heading home to Boat of Garten, I saw one flying over Loch Pityoulish - I'm sure Stephen would have approved
Raising a belated glass tonight in the Highlands to my fellow SAFC and Osprey lover - RIP mate

Love this post.

Take care.
Thank you again.

Sorry just seen this x you did him proud x if you have Facebook you could maybe send me photos that would be fab x

You picture didn’t post, I posted it on the thread on PF, I hope you don’t mind me posting it here on your behalf
xx
Thanks so much I’m new to this and wasn’t sure how to do it x my TC was the tech cuz not me lol x

xx

Thanks again.
Keep the faith
Lisa
xx
#RedandWhiteArmy

Lovely post and glad that the funeral went as well as it could.

RIP Maximus

Sorry just seen this x you did him proud x if you have Facebook you could maybe send me photos that would be fab x

Thanks so much I’m new to this and wasn’t sure how to do it x my TC was the tech cuz not me lol x

Hi Lisa

I hope things are ok with you.

I'm very sorry but I don't do Facebook, twitter...:oops: I've sent some pics to Zena, so maybe contact her, otherwise pm with your number and I'll send them direct to you.

From now on whenever I display my flag at various grounds around the country, a little part of @Maximus will be with me and at the ground itself.

I'm at Derby Good Friday (on Sky TV), so I'll do my best to get it in view of the cameras.....although having a tkt for the top tier I'll have to sweet talk the stewards or a fellow MLF to help me out:D

Take care and stay strong FTM x

Hi Lisa

I hope things are ok with you.

I'm very sorry but I don't do Facebook, twitter...:oops: I've sent some pics to Zena, so maybe contact her, otherwise pm with your number and I'll send them direct to you.

From now on whenever I display my flag at various grounds around the country, a little part of @Maximus will be with me and at the ground itself.

I'm at Derby Good Friday (on Sky TV), so I'll do my best to get it in view of the cameras.....although having a tkt for the top tier I'll have to sweet talk the stewards or a fellow MLF to help me out:D

Take care and stay strong FTM x
Thanks x

Back