Far cry 5

It isn't remastered its the same game. Class game though. Graphics are class for a 360 game
Ah right, see that now. Suppose if it was a remaster they wouldn’t be bundling it in with 5. Prob my favourite of the far cry’s so far.

cant wait for this to come out.

also have skyrim on the switch still unopened. never played skyrim before so looking forward to that.

First mission.
Unlock map.
Climb high point to see points on map.
Finish missions in area.
Climb high point to see next map area.
Complete missions in next area.

Basically every Ubisoft game ever. Add in excessive marketing and you end with massive hype for what is fundamentally a shit, boring game.

Rinse and repeat.
They’ve fucked that off apparently. The map is 100% open from the start and no towers to climb. They’ve kinda been replaced by local people you can recruit to help you.

First impressions on this looks like it's a bit of a mess.

I've been watching a few streams of this and it looks just like the last one. AI looks terrible so will be waiting for the price to come down before I buy.

Anywhere I can pre order from which will end up sending it a day earlier? Sure I read a few stores do that

Far Cry 2’s one of my favourites of all time.

3, 4 are entertaining. Will definitely be getting 5.
Same here. I used to love setting fire to the grass and watching it spread towards the baddies. Great tactic for confusing the AI. Hasn't been as much of a feature since FC2 although I'm sure the grass is still flammable on 3 and 4.

FarCry games are a must for the scenery alone. On top of that it's a solid FPS/RPG.

Just arrived. Took today off work for this alone, was hoping it would have arrived earlier. Missus and kids are away until Thursday so a solid 10 hour session today :cool:

Let us know what you think. Not seen many good reviews so far

Still on the extended prologue, I think you have to clear the mini island to get and understanding of what to do before the whole map opens up.

So far graphics are spot on (xbox one x, imagine PS4 pro will be the same) and game play is very similar to far cry 3 and 4 which is a good thing imo.

Intro was quite intense, the antagonist is a creepy bloke so I think the story will develop quite well.

Nice little joke by ubisoft, one of the first things you do is have to climb a radio tower to activate it and as you're climbing you get a radio call saying "I know what you're thinking, but don't worry I'll not have you climbing towers all over the county"

Update

Into the full map. Complete freedom to go anywhere and do any missions in those areas. Story progression very different to previous far crys

Really enjoying so far

Jess's accent is like my favourite accent so think that's one companion sorted...

Last edited:
I've watched the first part of a walkthrough on Youtube and it looks very samey.
The main villain is a slightly alltered Vaas with the trademark black circles round his eyes, the landscape is Far Cry 4 minus the snow, initial escape is simply a repeat of escaping from Vaas. The premise of the initial scene is just silly.
Not really impressed :cry:

I've watched the first part of a walkthrough on Youtube and it looks very samey.
The main villain is a slightly alltered Vaas with the trademark black circles round his eyes, the landscape is Far Cry 4 minus the snow, initial escape is simply a repeat of escaping from Vaas. The premise of the initial scene is just silly.
Not really impressed :cry:

How can you not be impressed by a game you've not played? :lol:

Feels nothing like the other ones. It's far less linear for a start. About 3 hours in and really enjoying it. I played far cry 4 through for a second time about a month ago and it doesn't feel the same at all

How can you not be impressed by a game you've not played? :lol:

Feels nothing like the other ones. It's far less linear for a start. About 3 hours in and really enjoying it. I played far cry 4 through for a second time about a month ago and it doesn't feel the same at all

I can be unimpressed by what I have seen on the first part of a walkthrough where someone else is playing it. :rolleyes:

Back