Fans to blame?

Personally, I think Ross should be given time. I'm sure the squad would be much stronger had he been given a decent transfer kitty. I don't blame Donald et al. for that either. We are where we are because of our previous mismanagement. I never boo our team.
That said, I don't feel I have high expectations. Some half decent football coupled with a few good results is all I want. I'd like to be entertained now and again.
Instead, we watch a team that are weak at the back and can't keep clean sheets. A team unable to string 3 passes together and are often bullied in midfield. A team with no aerial presence that insists on lumping the ball forward, generally surrendering possession. I could go on...
People are rightly frustrated and are now venting their discontent. If, the team served up some decent football, the SoL would be a couldron again. The blame lies squarely with the team/management and they are the only ones with the ability to change things. Ross needs to acknowledge his share of blame for this, stop blaming fans and put it right.
Wanting your team to entertain is not unrealistic, is it?

You don’t hear much grief for Ross at the match which I find staggering. The bloke is so out of his depth he’s absolutely clueless.

But us not doing anything about it is helping him keep his job, I actually think it’s a disgrace we pay our money and turn up to watch his shocking ‘football’ always get behind the team but we need to show our discontent with Ross, especially to the new owners.
As much as I want Ross sacked, I do not agree with shouting abuse at him. He is a decent bloke who is trying his best. Unfortunately for us and him his best is no way near good enough for English football.
Both him and Donald already know the fans aren’t happy. Shouting abuse is disgraceful behaviour. If Donald, who saved the club from bankruptcy wants to keep him and stay in league 1 then that’s better than where we would’ve been without him. Let Donald do it his way.

I couldn’t believe people around me clapping them at the end. Accept dross and that’s what you get
Personally, I think Ross should be given time. I'm sure the squad would be much stronger had he been given a decent transfer kitty. I don't blame Donald et al. for that either. We are where we are because of our previous mismanagement. I never boo our team.
That said, I don't feel I have high expectations. Some half decent football coupled with a few good results is all I want. I'd like to be entertained now and again.
Instead, we watch a team that are weak at the back and can't keep clean sheets. A team unable to string 3 passes together and are often bullied in midfield. A team with no aerial presence that insists on lumping the ball forward, generally surrendering possession. I could go on...
People are rightly frustrated and are now venting their discontent. If, the team served up some decent football, the SoL would be a couldron again. The blame lies squarely with the team/management and they are the only ones with the ability to change things. Ross needs to acknowledge his share of blame for this, stop blaming fans and put it right.
Wanting your team to entertain is not unrealistic, is it?
Jesus wept

The performances & subsequent results will cost him his job.

I'm actually proud of the home support not acting like spoiled bairns and continue to the back the team (some of these players might lack quality but always put a shift in)

Were you there tonight? I'm not being funny in asking but I'd say the support let the manager know how we felt at full time with that display.

This, didn't boo, just stood there silent and pissed off at full time

What I don't get is picking the wrong team. I looked at the team sheet on the concourse and was thinking what?! scratching me head. I knew then it would be a struggle, so if I knew how didn't he?

Why he doesn't decide on his best 11 and play them regularly makes no sense to me. The only thing I can think of is he's been on coaching courses talking about the virtues of rotating. Aye, sounds good in theory, and probably a good thing if you're Barcelona or Man City in our league and have a bench that would get in most first teams.

I'm not a great detractor of his, and have pretty much supported him but I think we're reaching the point where he needs to get more out of his team, sooner rather than later, or move for someone else in January. I'm also not sold on some of his comments and find them to be bluster with no direction whatsoever. He's talking about "expectations of winning every week", no one expects that so that is just pointless bollocks that suggests he's not prepared to look at himself and ask himself the question: "can I do better?". Now, I can see that starting his best 11, certainly including Maguire and probably including Power, and playing McNulty as his centre forward, is what might get us up; so why can't he? We had a great opportunity there to get 3 points and keep going, and he picks the wrong team and we end up in a 20 minute period where we looked like we were going to lose the match.

'Not impressive at the moment and he needs to do better. I'd go as far as to say if he keeps rotating the team the way he is and expecting the likes of Wyke to come off the bench and take the one chance that falls to him, then he's living on borrowed time - because that will ensure we hover somewhere around 5th for most of the season and we just can't afford to be in this league.

Back