Fans of the Vendée Globe round the world yacht race

Status
Not open for further replies.

UK Release penciled in for 9 February 2018
Imagine being in their position, long before all the GPS & technology shit. You have to feel for the poor bloke who the film is based on.
By all accounts he never even left the Atlantic, must have gone slowly mad before topping himself.

Imagine being in their position, long before all the GPS & technology shit. You have to feel for the poor bloke who the film is based on.
By all accounts he never even left the Atlantic, must have gone slowly mad before topping himself.
Just read that, his poor family

Bunch of mavericks and idiots that put themselves and emergency services at risk.
Everybody with a maritime navigational licence must study learn and implement the 'Collision Regs' (Rules of the road).

Rule 5 - the most fundamental - "Every vessel shall at all times maintain a proper look-out by sight and hearing as well as by all available means appropriate in the prevailing circumstances and conditions so as to make a full appraisal of the situation and or the risk of collision."

It's the equivalent of me breaking every speed limit on the road and saying 'fuck you' to the police.

The Royal Yachting Association do not endorse single handed sailing simply because it ignores the basic rules that everybody else at sea has to comply with.

Bunch of mavericks and idiots that put themselves and emergency services at risk.
Everybody with a maritime navigational licence must study learn and implement the 'Collision Regs' (Rules of the road).

Rule 5 - the most fundamental - "Every vessel shall at all times maintain a proper look-out by sight and hearing as well as by all available means appropriate in the prevailing circumstances and conditions so as to make a full appraisal of the situation and or the risk of collision."

It's the equivalent of me breaking every speed limit on the road and saying 'fuck you' to the police.

The Royal Yachting Association do not endorse single handed sailing simply because it ignores the basic rules that everybody else at sea has to comply with.

Aye. That's why they have this maverick telling folks to join the RYA while promoting a round the world yacht race ;)

Oh bollocks with all of that, are you the type of person who complains about mountain rescue needing to be called out to a rock climber....'ooo they shouldn't be doing that in the first place, irresponsible idiots'?

Feb next year I think, it might have said somewhere in one of those links
I just briefly looked at the links so didn't see anything.

Oh bollocks with all of that, are you the type of person who complains about mountain rescue needing to be called out to a rock climber....'ooo they shouldn't be doing that in the first place, irresponsible idiots'?

I just briefly looked at the links so didn't see anything.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3319730/releaseinfo

Release Dates
Greece 2017
Russia 2017
USA 2017
Portugal 23 November 2017
Netherlands 14 December 2017
France 20 December 2017
Australia 8 February 2018
UK 9 February 2018
Germany 29 March 2018

Not at all.
I've just never understood why I can lose my licence for breaking the rules whereas people like Tony Bullimore seem to be exempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back