Fans leaving early

• Thread starter Deleted member 37458
  • Start date
Why do people need a excuse or give a reason ,it confuses me massively why some think people who spend their hard earned money at the match have to have a excuse or have to explain why they leave, they don’t ,it’s their life ,they can leave when they want.
We've had it bad for decades now, but the one thing we can cling onto is the fact that our fans are brilliant.
Surely you can understand why proud Sunderland fans might be annoyed at people leaving early and embarrassing our fan base? It really is a stain on the club's suppport.

Well in that case you mustn't be bothered whether we win lose or draw, so why go at all? Would you be bothered if the players decided to leave the pitch early?
Just don't understand your thought process.

It's been a problem for a while, I agree, but not to the extent it is now. I just don't understand.

You don't need to understand my thought process petal.
What I decide to do or not do in my life is of zero concern to you.

It's the players jobs you numpty.
How's about you go to your work and just go early.
You'd get the sack.

However if I was in the viewing gallery watching and decided to go early??? My choice.
It is your decision, no one questions that. Just that it's a bit shit for the team and other fans, don't think anyone can question that either. And your loss, last minute equalisers and goals are one of the best parts of being a fan.

Here's another 1 from the zombie apocalypse...

Here. Throw it back at you.
I really couldn't give a sh1t how you choose to support the team.

The fact I've had a season ticket for 25 years and got to around 10 away games a season is shit as well..... Eh 😠😠😠😠 Now do 1

Last edited:
You don't need to understand my thought process petal.
What I decide to do or not do in my life is of zero concern to you.

It's the players jobs you numpty.
How's about you go to your work and just go early.
You'd get the sack.

However if I was in the viewing gallery watching and decided to go early??? My choice.

Here's another 1 from the zombie apocalypse...

Here. Throw it back at you.
I really couldn't give a sh1t how you choose to support the team.

The fact I've had a season ticket for 25 years and got to around 10 away games a season is shit as well..... Eh 😠😠😠😠 Now do 1
You must be a mag on a wind up, surely.

Do 1?
Petal?

Going out of your way to be a bit confrontational here

We've had it bad for decades now, but the one thing we can cling onto is the fact that our fans are brilliant.
Surely you can understand why proud Sunderland fans might be annoyed at people leaving early and embarrassing our fan base? It really is a stain on the club's suppport.

The fact we have fans going to the games in such numbers after years of shit indicates to me you dead right our fans are brilliant.

Therefore the fact we get such good attendances in the league we are in show the complete opposite of been embarrassed in fact we should be proud of our fans!

The fact some of them decide to leave when their want after spending their hard earned money, especially the ones spending their hard money watching shit year after year I don’t find embarrassing in the slightest!

On the whole I find Sunderland support loyal and simply brilliant turning up in the first place!

I don’t get annoyed I get surprised,pleased and proud they turning up for the game in the first place!

Last edited:
You must be a mag on a wind up, surely.

Do 1?
Petal?

Going out of your way to be a bit confrontational here

Shit aye. Been caught out.
I'm a Mag.... 😂😂

Confrontational because of absolute idiots on here who think people need an excuse to leave early
Why do people need a excuse or give a reason ,it confuses me massively why some think people who spend their hard earned money at the match have to have a excuse or have to explain why they leave, they don’t ,it’s their life ,they can leave when they want.

Thank you.

I sometimes get in late.
Go for a half time pint early.
Go early.

None of which I need any sort of excuses for.
I'll do what I want.

So what missed the goal Tuesday.
I've since seen it online.
Missed nothing. 😝😝

Last edited:
I'm a Mag.... 😂😂

Confrontational because of absolute idiots on here who think people need an excuse to leave early

Thank you.

I sometimes get in late.
Go early.

I'll do what I want.

Missed nothing. 😝😝
You seem somewhat rattled dear boy!

I've never left early, but that's my choice. If I chose to leave early, that would also be my choice. It's not really up for debate. My only slight gripe is that we sit near an aisle & early leavers can obscure our view, especially when they drag their heels. That then precipitates an inverse domino effect in which those in front have to stand, so we have to stand etc.etc. But it's a First World irritant: I'm hard: I can handle it!

I don't understand those that do and it's an inconvenience for the others who have their enjoyment disrupted but I'm sure those leavers have their reasons.

I got back home at 00:45 after the game and was wrecked on Weds morning but it's more than worth it for that moment when Powers shot hit the back of the net.

I've never left early, but that's my choice. If I chose to leave early, that would also be my choice. It's not really up for debate. My only slight gripe is that we sit near an aisle & early leavers can obscure our view, especially when they drag their heels. That then precipitates an inverse domino effect in which those in front have to stand, so we have to stand etc.etc. But it's a First World irritant: I'm hard: I can handle it!
You're missing the point in your first sentence. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I don't believe anyone has ever said that people don't have the right to choose to leave early, and they have paid and can do what they want.

The point I and others are making is, that it's not a very positive feature of our home games or our fanbase. There are several negative things about it on fact, some of which you have mentioned.

Thus, it's not surprising that people complain about it and wish it would stop or be reduced at least.
I'm a Mag.... 😂😂

Thank you.

I sometimes get in late.
Go early.

I'll do what I want.

Missed nothing. 😝😝
No one has said you need an excuse. Just that it's a bit crap that people leave early.

Last edited:
You're missing the point in your first sentence. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I don't believe anyone has ever said that people don't have the right to choose to leave early, and they have paid and can do what they want.

The point I and others are making is, that it's not a very positive feature of our home games or our fanbase. There are several negative things about it on fact, some of which you have mentioned.

Thus, it's not surprising that people complain about it and wish it would stop or be reduced at least.

No one has said you need an excuse. Just that it's a bit crap that people leave early.
Thanks for taking the time to inform me that I've missed the point when I've not missed the point. You might think I'd missed the point, but you'd be mistaken. It's a simple point & I should know because I'm a simple person. As you seem interested, I'll explain by saying that I began my post by setting out my own position, in order to create a platform of contrast from which to launch my own point, which I then did. You might perceive it as negative that some leave early; I might or might not disagree, but as (thank the Lord) we still live in a place in which it's the inalienable choice of the individual to leave when s/he wishes, it seems otiose to raise the matter, in my opinion.

The fact we have fans going to the games in such numbers after years of shit indicates to me you dead right our fans are brilliant.

Therefore the fact we get such good attendances in the league we are in show the complete opposite of been embarrassed in fact we should be proud of our fans!

The fact some of them decide to leave when their want after spending their hard earned money, especially the ones spending their hard money watching shit year after year I don’t find embarrassing in the slightest!

On the whole I find Sunderland support loyal and simply brilliant turning up in the first place!

I don’t get annoyed I get surprised,pleased and proud they turning up for the game in the first place!
It's definitely embarrassing like. Not sure how you can argue otherwise. Looks bloody awful, no wonder little clubs laugh at us.
"I'm Sunderland til the 82nd minute"

They would have spent their hard earned money on the cinema or on a meal, therefore I would not dream of criticising them for their choice, it’s none of my business and entirely their choice.

I would not leave early at the match or any of the above, but one thing for sure the fans owe the club absolutely nothing and when their spending good money, they can leave when they want.

And they definitely don’t have to come up with a excuse about what they do with their time and their money.
Its not impact on the provider of the service (i.e. cinema, restaurant, football club) that's the issue. its the disrespect to other customers that's the point - who have also paid good money not to have it disrupted by someone leaving midway through the event, especially at a match where being part of a crowd is part of the collective experience. that's why leaving early as a standard behaviour is not really on, in most general cases.

Back