Fans and substitutions

Dobson and power had a few poor games and never get dropped hes stubborn
Dropped in place of who?

People constantly bleat on about need for fresh legs yet we have consistently had the same 11 for weeks, and seen a massive up-turn in results.
1) Because if he doesn't sign players and we have injuries then we are fucked

2) When players have a drop in form he has players to come in

3) Most significantly, when those players do get in they know that if they perform they will stay in.
It's almost like your speaking common sense.
Just because we win and are in good form, certainly in terms of results, doesn't mean everything is perfect mate (and I'm not one to moan normally).

Parkinson's lack of subs to manage games or change things or simply freshen things up worries me long term. Bring players on with 5-10 mins left is usually pointless. We have a team who have played pretty much every minute of the last couple of months, when you're cruising why would you not give some of them a break and others a chance to get some match sharpness and integrate them into the team?

We're winning so I'm not complaining too loudly, but it still baffles me.
He literally changed the shape against Ipswich on Saturday at HT, We came out and battered them, and won.

Last edited:

At no point were the players being stretched or under pressure, so in reality it was a very easy night for them. Parky was spot on..We won the game by a mile..Some people just want to have a moan :lol:

Dropped in place of who?

People constantly bleat on about need for fresh legs yet we have consistently had the same 11 for weeks, and seen a massive up-turn in results.

It's almost like your speaking common sense.

He literally changed the shape against Ipswich on Saturday at HT, We came out and battered them, and won.
I'm not sure how that's relevant to keeping more of the squad match fit, using your subs to their maximum effect or giving players a much needed rest when you're cruising? Otherwise aye, good point mate (although the game had been crying out for the subs long before he made them against Ipswich as well). We won both games so I'm not making a massive deal of it.... I just think we'll pay for it later.

I didn't mind the subs last night. The new lad got over 20 mins in, Watmore got his usual 15 min cameo and contributed nothing as per. Scowen could do with some game time though. Fuck knows where Declan John has gone.

I'd have liked him to use them earlier and give Scowen a run out but at the end of the day he didn't and we won 3 nowt. Parkinson is getting more right than wrong. Long may that continue

I can remember Eric Gates saying players are always fresh when winning games. Lose a few games and they will become tired. No point in resting players just for the sake of it.

Back