Families can meet 22 - 28th Dec proposal

@The Beautiful Game

"However, the rules about what counts as a household will depend on where you are. In England if you have formed a support bubble with another household, that counts as one household, so you can join with two other households in a Christmas bubble."
Thanks but that’s still us and her parents, and her two sisters counting as three households in a bubble. Would mean I couldn’t also be in a bubble with my parents (I think)

Last edited:
This highlights the double standards of the government. Why is Christmas more important that other religious holidays that didn’t have this kind of measure.

I get it, they can’t please everyone, but for me, they’ve lost the plot. Someone tell corona to have the 5 days off.

Because Christmas is celebrated by the overwhelming majority of the country, no other festivals are.

You can for Christmas though - you can be in bubble with 2 other households.
If you are already in a support bubble with a person they are classed as in your household
Aye but you can’t mix and match can you. If there’s three households from her side in a bubble then we can’t also be in a bubble with households from mine right?

As much as I detest this Govt they were stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

Three households sounds fair and ultimately it’s now up to individuals to decide what they want to do. Frankly it has nothing to do with anyone else

Its not unfair, its far too many

Sure the virus wont spread as it knows its Christmas

Aye but you can’t mix and match can you. If there’s three households from her side in a bubble then we can’t also be in a bubble with households from mine right?

Sorry thought you meant you were already in a support bubble.

I take it you mean she’s got in first and claimed 2 households from her side of family as the bubble?
If so yeah you can’t see your side of family over Xmas!

I know lots of people who had no intention at all of mixing households especially those who have spent months this year shielding

we lost my uncle today to Covid- caught it in hospital , one less household to worry about

So presumably they still won't even if given the green light.

That's shite like.

Would've been better to say, no allowances but no one is going to be fined or arrested.

All this set of rules does is make people who were maybe unsure about it possibly lean towards doing it.

Suits me this. her folks Christmas eve,Mam on christmas day. Good excuse to avoid others.

Meet people outside for a nice walk with a hip flask.

This highlights the double standards of the government. Why is Christmas more important that other religious holidays that didn’t have this kind of measure.

I get it, they can’t please everyone, but for me, they’ve lost the plot. Someone tell corona to have the 5 days off.
I just think they've done it to stop the police getting hassled because people were going to do what they wanted anyway as they've proven time and time again through this they are a bunch of selfish arseholes. This way by saying you can do it if you must but we suggest you don't, means that the police aren't inundated with calls over Christmas and when we are back in lockdown in January they can turn round and so well you've no one to blame but yourselves.

As much as I detest this Govt they were stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

Three households sounds fair and ultimately it’s now up to individuals to decide what they want to do. Frankly it has nothing to do with anyone else

Plenty won't stick to three households even though that's the crack.

Back