Fallout 76

Just reached Level 150 and going strong :cool:

Level 46 here, and far less squishy than even just 10 levels ago. Not really done much higher level stuff though, barely ventured into the Mire or the Bog yet.

I think this game is best played ( if playing single player) not following any quests.. just random exploring, scavenging and killing.

Same as all other Fallout games (from 3 onwards anyway).

I just ignore everyone else and all daily online tasks. I'm probably known on some fallout76 forum as the one that just walked away from me. I'm probably famous there.

Doubt it, I'm exactly the same. I’ve joined quite a few events, mainly the ones that are a pain in the arse to do solo, where we all just get on with it without interacting at all.

Level 46 here, and far less squishy than even just 10 levels ago. Not really done much higher level stuff though, barely ventured into the Mire or the Bog yet.

I make my own fun. Last night there was a Level 19 player in a lakeside marina full of Scorched. If you crouch you are invisible on the map and I wear 2 pieces of cloaking armour so I am invisible to others if I stay still. I crouched on a hillside in a bush and used a silenced sniper rifle and shot the Scorched so they were just dropping dead around him. I like to think it maybe freaked him out.

About to hit Level 50. Looking at my perks and the ones I got early on that seemed almost essential early game now look like a waste of time. Gonna take me a few more levels to get my build the way I want it I reckon, then a few more to take the perks that are just nice additions to switch in and out when crafting etc..

Melee is the easy way forward by the way for anyone just starting out or even in the 20’s or low 30’s and wondering which way to progress your build. I enjoy sniping too much to completely ignore that though. Just got the Marsupial mutation and luckily had spare points to go in my SPECIAL so got Starched Genes immediately. I’m now sniping from rooftops and then charging indoors with a Super Sledge to one hit kill pretty much any standard enemies below Level 40 .

Top tip, collect and scrap literally every bit of junk then bulk it up at a Tinkers bench to sell to a vendor, you can then buy some of the resources that are scarce (ballistic fibre mainly) to repair stuff. Plastic is handy for bulking, lead and steel make ammo, stuff like acid, copper, glass, cloth just gets sold. I was struggling for caps a little a while back but less of an issue now for day to day stuff. Some of the plans are pricey though as will be the mutation serums when I decide which I want.

About to hit Level 50. Looking at my perks and the ones I got early on that seemed almost essential early game now look like a waste of time. Gonna take me a few more levels to get my build the way I want it I reckon, then a few more to take the perks that are just nice additions to switch in and out when crafting etc..

Melee is the easy way forward by the way for anyone just starting out or even in the 20’s or low 30’s and wondering which way to progress your build. I enjoy sniping too much to completely ignore that though. Just got the Marsupial mutation and luckily had spare points to go in my SPECIAL so got Starched Genes immediately. I’m now sniping from rooftops and then charging indoors with a Super Sledge to one hit kill pretty much any standard enemies below Level 40 .

Top tip, collect and scrap literally every bit of junk then bulk it up at a Tinkers bench to sell to a vendor, you can then buy some of the resources that are scarce (ballistic fibre mainly) to repair stuff. Plastic is handy for bulking, lead and steel make ammo, stuff like acid, copper, glass, cloth just gets sold. I was struggling for caps a little a while back but less of an issue now for day to day stuff. Some of the plans are pricey though as will be the mutation serums when I decide which I want.

I don't buy plans any more since I bought the plan for the T60 Jetpack which requires an insane amount of rare flux to create it. My best find recently has been the Furious Gatling Gun which does increasing amounts of damage on each consecutive hit on the same target. It brings a Scorchbeast down really fast. Level 175 now and finding it a bit hard to find new things to do.

Any good lads? Great games these imo

It's nowhere near as good as Fallout 4 but if you like to be challenged it throws huge numbers of enemies at you. I often go to the Flooded Trainyard near Watoga and twice it has spawned TEN Yao Guais ( a huge mutated fuckoff bear).

Last edited:
I suppose at that level you'd need a big mob to be challenged. I'm wandering through the mire now and coping with everything if there's only one or two. Brayed a level 62 deathclaw all ower last night without breaking sweat but then got savaged by 3 level 50 glowing mirelurks and had to run away.

Level 62 here, it's different to 3,4 & NV but I'm still enjoying it - just doing the Enclave tasks at the moment. Don't really do much multiplayer apart from trying to help out any much lower level players who I encounter who are having a bit of bother or drop off some Ammo for guns I don't use for them

Ran into a Level 91 Glowing Deathclaw yesterday at Whitesprings w; even after all these Fallout games they still make me sh*t myself - so I hid in a kitchen so it couldn't get at me and picked it off that way :)

I suppose at that level you'd need a big mob to be challenged. I'm wandering through the mire now and coping with everything if there's only one or two. Brayed a level 62 deathclaw all ower last night without breaking sweat but then got savaged by 3 level 50 glowing mirelurks and had to run away.

I saw a Level 332 player a couple of hours ago. He must be in a wheelchair like Stephen Hawking was, if he wasn't an exploiter.

Taken me 171 hours to get to Level 54.....

And then I get shredded by a Level 46 Assaultron Dominator. Tricky buggers them.

My usual technique with them is to pop a few chems , eat a Glowing Meat Steak (+10% melee damage) and charge into them then melee them. The ones I find a problem are the Major Gutsys because they are so agile they keep darting out of the way.
Played the Scorchbeast Queen battle today and near the end "Fallout 76 Has Stopped Working" :evil: Damn it.

My usual technique with them is to pop a few chems , eat a Glowing Meat Steak (+10% melee damage) and charge into them then melee them. The ones I find a problem are the Major Gutsys because they are so agile they keep darting out of the way.
Played the Scorchbeast Queen battle today and near the end "Fallout 76 Has Stopped Working" :evil: Damn it.

Yet to encounter a major gutsy, just an occasional colonel so far. I tend to charge in and melee most things but the assaultron kept cloaking and moving away.

Given the body shape the first time I saw one I thought it was an Assaultron Dominatrix

I just had to chase a Level 91 Glowing Deathclaw round the electricity substation near Watoga. No exaggeration, it was like the frigging Benny Hill show.

:lol:

I had that with a legendary ghoul I needed to kill for a horde event, he just ran off like Usain Bolt on steroids. My quest marker kept getting further away on the map. Then he stopped and started fighting a super mutant so I killed them both.

Going back to Sugar Grove later in power armour and carrying big guns.

Power armour, level 50 super sledge, chems and glowing meat steak. No contest

Last edited:
I'm only level 35. Started playing again this past week. I tell you what, the game seems to have become buggier for me, with quests not completing when I have completed them. :mad:

Havent bothered. I’m only Level 72 or summat so assume I’d be shredded by level 200’s in power armour carrying Legendaries that would one hit kill me.

I've not bothered for this reason as well, although I'm only Level 43. Not worth it to get mauled by much higher levels and potentially lose all of my aid items.

I never bother with PVP anyways, only if I'm attacked first.

Back