Fakeaways

It's what impact it has on society.
One family having 8 kids is socially irresponsible. It's not bloody necessary. If they want that many kids, why not adopt or foster? Why keep pumping them out?
They're contributing to the over-population of the planet from one bloody house!

Obvious questions are,

How many kids do you have?
If any, how many are adopted/fostered?
How many do you plan to ever have?
How many of the above do you plan to adopt or foster?

Run £42k a year through the calculator with rent of £500 a month and works out £366 a week in Universal Credit - most of which is tax credits

How is that?? I work part time and my partner works full time on a shit wage and we get nothing. Even putting it through with me not working we'd only get £70 PW and £20 of that is child benefit . Am I doing it wrong??
Hang on a f***ing minute:

"Caroline recently appeared on BBC show Shop Well for Less where she revealed how she bulk buys bargains to cut down costs.

But she was still stunned when presenters Steph Mcgovern and Alex Jones showed the family they can save £6,000 a year by ditching big name brands."

She spends £150 a week, that's £7800 a year...for a family of 10.

That show reckoned she could feed 10 people for £1800 a year? THat's less than 50p per day per person. Unless they are moving to the DRC or some other sub-saharan shithole I'm not buying it.

It was non food items. She had a ridiculous amount of stock piled branded toiletries and cleaning products. Also toys and buying things for the older kids to go away to uni

Last edited:
How is that?? I work part time and my partner works full time on a shit wage and we get nothing. Even putting it through with me not working we'd only get £70 PW and £20 of that is child benefit . Am I doing it wrong??

I'm entitled to nothing under Universal Credit and that's with one full time wage coming in. Just the £20 child benefit which is separate from UC.

I'm not renting though, so wondered if it was the housing benefit that made up such a high payment?

I'm entitled to nothing under Universal Credit and that's with one full time wage coming in. Just the £20 child benefit which is separate from UC.

I'm not renting though, so wondered if it was the housing benefit that made up such a high payment?
£366 a week is more than I get working 16 hours as a single parent including my wage lol never mind on £42k lol I suspect it's not correct

The figures that I ran through was £20 child benefit and almost £50 child tax credit. That is on a wage of £22,500 (before tax) we looked into it as I've been poorly to see if it's possible to give up work for a bit but no such luck. Did you get Tax credits before it changed to UC?

Obvious questions are,

How many kids do you have?
If any, how many are adopted/fostered?
How many do you plan to ever have?
How many of the above do you plan to adopt or foster?

None but we would have if we couldn't have them
If we're not able to have another, we may consider adopting as I think it would be nice for Mini-K to have a sibling.

The figures that I ran through was £20 child benefit and almost £50 child tax credit. That is on a wage of £22,500 (before tax) we looked into it as I've been poorly to see if it's possible to give up work for a bit but no such luck. Did you get Tax credits before it changed to UC?

Yes - tax credits are more generous and take into account that salary varies from month to month for self employed people. I would have liked to have cut my hours for a bit for health reasons too but I couldn't afford to do so.

So you can save money by feeding your kids cheap shite? Well I never.

In one breath you're chastised for not buying organic, free range meat and in another you're being lambasted for wasting money on name brand products.

Spending money isn't wasting money ffs.

Plus, she’s cooking from fresh, and prudent with money. The absolute opposite of what is generally posted and ridiculed on here.

An anti-scratter if you will

I’ve worked in catering pretty much all my life, you get asked why something like a steak/fish etc or quality meal is so expensive, I simply explain that you should question why something so basic/microwaved/tinned is so cheap.
Full of salt and numbers, herbs and spices are a thing of the past to many

£366 a week is more than I get working 16 hours as a single parent including my wage lol never mind on £42k lol I suspect it's not correct

Try adding 8 kids see how much it gets bumped up ?

Try adding 8 kids see how much it gets bumped up ?
Think I'll try having a few more kids then , how does that make sense that jointly we earn less than £30k but don't qualify for anything with a child. Yet have 6 kids (2 out of that family were 18 and at uni) and u get £300 quid a week on a higher wage ??

Think I'll try having a few more kids then , how does that make sense that jointly we earn less than £30k but don't qualify for anything with a child. Yet have 6 kids (2 out of that family were 18 and at uni) and u get £300 quid a week on a higher wage ??

Actually I’d put in 7 kids , changed it to 6 now and it’s dropped to £303.62 per week. That’s tax credits and child benefit no housing benefit. The point I was making is that just because someone is working with a large number of kids it doesn’t mean they don’t claim benefits - they are taking out of the system still and some very substantial sums.

Actually I’d put in 7 kids , changed it to 6 now and it’s dropped to £303.62 per week. That’s tax credits and child benefit no housing benefit. The point I was making is that just because someone is working with a large number of kids it doesn’t mean they don’t claim benefits - they are taking out of the system still and some very substantial sums.
Yet it doesn't make sense that a couple on a much lower wage don't qualify for anything

I am yes. Where the fuck have you been?

Point is the global population is already expanding at a rate that can't be matched by resources. That is a cold hard fact.
As a result, having 8 kids is irresponsible. You can agree with that or not, but based purely on mathematics, it's not wrong.

I'm not saying they can't have any am i? I'm saying if they want loads, why not stop producing their own and help some others who are already there who don't have the same loving background

The birth rate has been declining in the UK for years, she is an anomaly.

She should have less kids as other countries are overpopulated?

The birth rate has been declining in the UK for years, she is an anomaly.

She should have less kids as other countries are overpopulated?

She may be an anomaly, but that doesn't make it right.
My issue of having too many kids is socially irresponsible is applied internationally, not just here.
Correct.

She should have less kids because our country is overpopulated. If we still had an infant mortality rate of 66% then fair enough, but we don't so she should pack it in.

THANK YOU.

how does that make sense that jointly we earn less than £30k but don't qualify for anything with a child. Yet have 6 kids (2 out of that family were 18 and at uni) and u get £300 quid a week on a higher wage ??

The same way as that it makes no sense that you work and pay in plenty but when you need help for a few weeks because you're unwell, you're entitled to nothing. I'm supposed to be on the sick now but I've done approx 14 hours work this week. It's desk work from home but I'd still rather be sitting on my sofa.

Apparently I can put in a claim for ESA. I did that previously and filled in a massive form. By the time they processed it and said I required a health assessment, I'd recovered and gone back to work. I didn't get any money as on the day of the assessment I was found to be fit for work. It's not fair assessing people after they've recovered.

The same way as that it makes no sense that you work and pay in plenty but when you need help for a few weeks because you're unwell, you're entitled to nothing. I'm supposed to be on the sick now but I've done approx 14 hours work this week. It's desk work from home but I'd still rather be sitting on my sofa.

Apparently I can put in a claim for ESA. I did that previously and filled in a massive form. By the time they processed it and said I required a health assessment, I'd recovered and gone back to work. I didn't get any money as on the day of the assessment I was found to be fit for work. It's not fair assessing people after they've recovered.
The joys of self employment - been there too often but fortunately learned to put some by to cover periods of not earning after being caught out and relying on parents covering mortgage.

Correct.

She should have less kids because our country is overpopulated. If we still had an infant mortality rate of 66% then fair enough, but we don't so she should pack it in.

If net migration is reduced to the targeted levels we will need baby machines like her to maintain our oldies.

Back