Facial Recognition / Big Brother Watch

I used to work with the cop who is the Met Police lead on facial recognition technology. Fucker turned me down for promotion so for that reason alone I’m against it.

i'm not too fussed on the security side of it, i imagine more good than harm would come from it. i imagine the advertising/marketing side of it will be seedy as fuck though. subliminally dropping things in front of people eyes so they end up buying unnecessary shite

Dissent bother me at all folks taking my photo, but i`m not being responsible for any soggy saddle bags of any operator that beholds my magnificent visage :cool:

Terrorism wants to hit us in the places we love so its just a matter of time before a match is hit. Anything that helps as a counter measure is welcome in my opinion.

Not really bothered either way but did see some fella on the news a week or two ago.
Walked towards one of the facial recognition vans and zipped his fleece up and half covered his face as he walked passed....coppers obviously straight out the van and hassling as to why he covered it, usual back and forth argument ensued and the fella issued with a 90 quid fine.
Now I’m not too bothered about the fella as such but it does make me wonder if the coppers would have been out so quick if for example it had been some woman walking passed with a burka on and haranguing her to take it off so they could get a good look at her chops, something tells me they wouldn’t.

Not really bothered either way but did see some fella on the news a week or two ago.
Walked towards one of the facial recognition vans and zipped his fleece up and half covered his face as he walked passed....coppers obviously straight out the van and hassling as to why he covered it, usual back and forth argument ensued and the fella issued with a 90 quid fine.
Vienna last year,f***ing cold day,i had a snood pulled up and a hat on,my eyes only were visible,10 minutes after leaving the hotel 2 cops pulled up and came over telling me face coverings were illegal in Austria.

Vienna last year,f***ing cold day,i had a snood pulled up and a hat on,my eyes only were visible,10 minutes after leaving the hotel 2 cops pulled up and came over telling me face coverings were illegal in Austria.
I’m assuming that is country wide like France? and that’s fair enough to me anyway although a bit shit if it’s freezing like you say!

It’s the potential of one rule for one, another rule for another that it comes acropper, especially in places like the uk where a huge song and dance would be made of it if.

Back