Face masks could return this autumn if Covid cases begin to surge alarmingly

Most people follow the rules. Seems to be young lads who think they are hard because they refuse, rarely ever did I see families or middle aged/elderly people ignoring the rules when it was mandated and we won’t again.

Most people aren’t complete fannies and can put up with a bit fabric over their mouths for an hour
Most folk are vaccinated now, I don't think you'll see much uptake.

Yeah, that's because Scotland and the other devolved powers know what they are doing, here in England we have too many loons running the country at the moment, i still use my mask when i go shopping and in other indoor places like pubs, i don't much care about to looks i get, i am more interested in my own health than giving a flying one about other peoples opinions.
Exactly how i approach it.
Apparently FFP3 masks give the best protection - they're the type i use.

Should never have been removed .A tiny thing like wearing a mask in shops etc made a huge difference. Yet another poor decision from the government.

Wearing masks in the shops won't make make a 'huge' difference if everything else is completely open.
As in, its not realistic to get people to wear masks in packed pubs, nightclubs, gigs, sports stadiums etc.

When I go into shops I rarely get within 2m of another person for a period of time anyway.

Wearing masks in the shops won't make make a 'huge' difference if everything else is completely open.
As in, its not realistic to get people to wear masks in packed pubs, nightclubs, gigs, sports stadiums etc.

When I go into shops I rarely get within 2m of another person for a period of time anyway.
Common sense, I think we need to drill down and see exactly where the problems are. My town has little problems and looking at Lsmbtons daily stats it does not seem Sunderland have many problems and in fact even the entire NE is the same trend.

Given Scotland and Wales have comparable deaths to England I’m not entirely sure how you’ve arrived at that conclusion?

Would you be willing to make a wager about this? Put your money where your mouth is.
What wager? there will be another lockdown? Bet my house on it. 4-5 weeks time.

My disabled daughter has just gone back to college today after being off since the beginning of June so first time I have been anywhere since then. I am on the bus down to the beach and it is packed, I didn’t know if I’d need a mask so brought one with me but not one person has one on. I doubt it would be easy to get loads of people to comply with wearing them again.

Last edited:

Back