Face coverings in England.

What a load of shite this is man. Wear them.or face 100 quid fine in shops yet not needed in pubs.

Theyre making it up as they go along.
As pubs are open ( they could have been kept shut) wearing masks in the pub would be worse than not wearing them. You can't drink with one on. If it was compulsory to wear one when moving about where are all these masks going to be whilst drinking? Laying on the tables? Gross. Removing masks won't be done hygienically by many anyway. Wearing them in shops, at least they will remain on whilst in the shop (supposedly). So the comparison between the two isn't really worth while.

Genuine non-inflammatory question. Why would you not want to wear one? Why would you not want to contribute to reducing transmission?

I just don't want to wear one but will if/when I have to, like when I go to pick up my daughters prescription. Luckily I am happy to continue shopping online and would prefer to do that rather than go in actual physical shops wearing a face covering.

Why would people want to wear a muzzle? Even by SAGE's own admission the research they have puts any benefit at next to zero and there is no research to contradict this. It feels more like this is being driven by the pro lockdown authoritarian types that have been born out of this farce.

I can't understand why the majority of the population who are under 75 with no serious health conditions would feel any more 'unsafe' than normal? It's absurd.

I refuse to wear a muzzle just because people irrationally perceive it to make them 'safe' whatever that means these days.

I think part of it is that there is a portion of society who are now shit scared to venture out, so is about trying to get them out to help economy.

But what's going to happen is the portion of society who don't want to wear them will now start to stock pile, then won't go out when this comes in.

So the exact opposite of what the government want

Last edited:
America?

Where is your evidence that it is gone? You should let the 230,000 people who caught it today know that. You might struggle to let the 5000 people who died today know mind.

America isn't having a 2nd wave. Its just the 1st wave travelling from the NE to the south.

I’ve worn a scarf then surgical masks to the shops since April. It’s because I care about other people even if they don’t get why I do it. You do not need a halfwit public school boy to instruct you, it’s common sense.
The public were told they made no difference, and were discouraged from touching their faces (which is increased by putting on/taking off/adjusting a mask). Additionally back in March/April/May, there wasn't sufficient masks for those that might need them most.
Common sense was to listen to advice.

Stop spreading utter bollocks on here - spreading crap like this is dangerous and you are either a pathetic troll or simply incredibly stupid. MASKS CANNOT REDUCE THE LEVEL OF OXYGEN IN THE AIR IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE YOU UTTER GOON
tell that to the parents of the 2 boys who died from oxygen deprivation from wearing a mask, you wont have seen that in the bbc news so i forgive your naivety

Who was it on here was cancelling their Scottish holiday as face masks was the 'last straw' ? :lol: :lol: , presumably they'll be going nowhere now. Simple measure that should have been introduced at the same time all over UK, but Boris was too busy trying to be a libertarian wannabee mini-Trump and playing political games instead of just agreeing with Scotland's health decisions straight away ;).

Back