F35 Lightning

Think 100m is not bad for the f35. Remember watching a discovery program about 12 year ago on both lockheed and boeing i think was designing both planes. Great program showed how they had to change things and how they were going head to head. Loads of people involved.
Not many people realise that the first prototype lift fan for the F35 was manufactured in Sunderland.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the vertical take off i cant see it lasting any less that what the harrier did so would get a hell of a lot of years out of it
Flying a harrier jump jet :cool: vertical lift off etc modern technology is now off the scale by the sounds of it.

Pilots don't really care how much it costs to build they just want to fly the thing.

Pilots don't really care how much it costs to build they just want to fly the thing.
I doubt they'd be much good flying their mission if they considered the financial costs of their aircraft at all - surely pilots are sometimes told their mission is more important than their aircraft or even their life. Me, all I'd be thinking about would be saving my own arse (the rest of me too probably) and getting home alive.

Back