F1 Manager 2022

gards2

Striker
Releasing this August. And i'm well up for that mate! haha

Motorsport Manager circa 2016 was a really decent little game actually. This is a massive upgrade.

Been playing the mobile game F1 CLASH these last few days, and it has borrowed - cough - from motorsport manager. And its not as good overall.

10% off lads. Due out in August

I'm sure there will be some sort of multi-player function Where your successes can be compared to others!

love F1 management games, but i fear this will be poor. given the half arsed attempt at careers in the last 10 year F1 games

The EA management game from 99 was class, and I still play GP Manager 2

love F1 management games, but i fear this will be poor. given the half arsed attempt at careers in the last 10 year F1 games

The fact that this one isn’t being made by Codemasters/EA gives me some hope it might be decent.

You haven't played 'Motorsport Manager' I have. There is no way this can be worse than that game. that game was good.

Bitch!

Anyone tried it yet?
Yea I've got it - it's pretty decent. Just a licensed version of Motorsport Manager though really. Some good detail in the car development options and car setup options though. It's a decent enough simulator, worth the spend imo. Has a few small niggly things that the devs have already committed to patching - it's on early access like FM is each year so I'm expecting a launch day patch to fix the minor annoyances that crop up.

Yea I've got it - it's pretty decent. Just a licensed version of Motorsport Manager though really. Some good detail in the car development options and car setup options though. It's a decent enough simulator, worth the spend imo. Has a few small niggly things that the devs have already committed to patching - it's on early access like FM is each year so I'm expecting a launch day patch to fix the minor annoyances that crop up.

I'll just stick with Motorsport Manager and the F1 Manager 2022 mod then, aye? It'll be the exact same game :lol:

Oh! I can install it now, was waiting for tomorrow (release date) so ty Traveling Mackem. Please do report back on your findings, seasonal points etc

If I can still develop illegal parts this year (motorsport manager) and use them next year that would be lovely!

Oh! I can install it now, was waiting for tomorrow (release date) so ty Traveling Mackem. Please do report back on your findings, seasonal points etc

If I can still develop illegal parts this year (motorsport manager) and use them next year that would be lovely!
Illegal parts aren’t in the game sadly, but the part development is a lot more involved than in MM.

I started as Mercedes to try and catch up to the front 2 and make a fight of it. Just to keep me busy for the early access period, as I’m expecting an early patch anyway and didn’t want to start my long term save yet. It’s surprisingly reflective of reality - I’m about 6-7 tenths off in quali every week, but managed to get into a position to cement P5-6 ahead of the other cars most weeks at least. We’ve got a very fast car in the wet in particular though, as well as managing to steal a few podiums when we haven’t been at it has Lewis just a single point behind Max going into the summer break. Russell has had a few unlucky moments, including an engine failure when leading our 1-2 at Silverstone thanks to the rain hitting right in our pit stop window, and he was hit by Max (surprise surprise) and taken out from P2 in Hungary, so hes about 50 points off the pace, but he’s able to take lots of points off the others at least as he’s a very strong number 2 driver.

I’ve shifted development almost entirely into the 2023 car, with the only 2022 Dev I’m doing focusing on the engine cooling, which I believe to be the root cause of my qualifying woes. Race pace is very strong though thanks to a number of updates to the floor and both wings.

Illegal parts aren’t in the game sadly, but the part development is a lot more involved than in MM.

I started as Mercedes to try and catch up to the front 2 and make a fight of it. Just to keep me busy for the early access period, as I’m expecting an early patch anyway and didn’t want to start my long term save yet. It’s surprisingly reflective of reality - I’m about 6-7 tenths off in quali every week, but managed to get into a position to cement P5-6 ahead of the other cars most weeks at least. We’ve got a very fast car in the wet in particular though, as well as managing to steal a few podiums when we haven’t been at it has Lewis just a single point behind Max going into the summer break. Russell has had a few unlucky moments, including an engine failure when leading our 1-2 at Silverstone thanks to the rain hitting right in our pit stop window, and he was hit by Max (surprise surprise) and taken out from P2 in Hungary, so hes about 50 points off the pace, but he’s able to take lots of points off the others at least as he’s a very strong number 2 driver.

I’ve shifted development almost entirely into the 2023 car, with the only 2022 Dev I’m doing focusing on the engine cooling, which I believe to be the root cause of my qualifying woes. Race pace is very strong though thanks to a number of updates to the floor and both wings.
I'm still learning the dev side of it. It's not MM haha more complex.I'm a Mclaren man and we have parts rated 15th and 16th on the grid so I waited till April and designed parts for next year.

Got my 1st points in Auz. 8th place, was over the moon.

quite enjoying it , started as mclaren so to make it realistic first thing i done was pay off danny ric , brought in theo pourchaire as a decent but quite cheap driver alongside norris .

I'm not used to a management sims , only experience i've got is the codemasters f1 games so a lot more complex .

lando has scored points in first 3 races although none higher than 9th . Can't do decent quali and end up trying to make up places in the race

need to figure out how the development works and improve the car

Really fancy this, but not if its similar to MM as I've played that to death and it really isn't deep enough.

I did hear the visual engine is pap though.

Really fancy this, but not if its similar to MM as I've played that to death and it really isn't deep enough.

I did hear the visual engine is pap though.
The visuals are really good tbf. Can’t complain at those. Can see them on YouTube for yourself easily enough. It is very similar to MM. Feels more like an MM expansion than anything imo - you have ERS to micromanage as well as tyres and fuel, and the development is more detailed, but aside from that it’s just MM really

From what I’ve seen and read so far just doesn’t look enough depth in this game at the moment unfortunately, and some really fundamental issues in the race, particularly around the tyres. The setup sliders from MM being copied identically in this game is really disappointing anarl.

Hoping for a few patches/mods and a reduction in price before I get this.

Back