F1 Manager 2022

From what I’ve seen and read so far just doesn’t look enough depth in this game at the moment unfortunately, and some really fundamental issues in the race, particularly around the tyres. The setup sliders from MM being copied identically in this game is really disappointing anarl.

Hoping for a few patches/mods and a reduction in price before I get this.
The setup sliders are not identical, they're a pain in the arse compared to MM. You have to send the drivers out to complete 5/5 knowledge on a default setup before you even begin changing the setup.

If you change any of the mechanical grip it will cost you 4.45seconds haha

This will all be changed in the fullness of time of course.

I was really looking forward to this, but having also played Motorsport Manager to death, I really don't see the point in this game existing.

With mods on MM, it seems more in depth that F1 Manager anyway.

I was really looking forward to this, but having also played Motorsport Manager to death, I really don't see the point in this game existing.

With mods on MM, it seems more in depth that F1 Manager anyway.
Probably worth waiting to see what changes they bring in a potential launch day patch. If they can fix the bugs, I’d say F1 is way more detailed potentially than MM though.

Finding it quite addictive at the moment, though I've got a feeling it might become a bit boring/repetitive.

Starter with McLaren like a few others. First few races were a disaster, couldn't get anywhere near Q3. Lando could've had a point in the 3rd race but spun.

4th race until I picked up my first points with Lando finishing in 8th place.

By the 5th race in Miami I had a couple of new parts ready and Lando managed to qualify 7th and Riccardiardo in 10th.

This race had the first red flag I've seen them a bit later the first safety car. I pitted Lando under the safety car and he managed to charge all the way through the field on new softs into the lead. The AI all stayed out then left it too late to pit, tyres shot by the end but even though Verstappen managed to eat up a 12 second gap in the final two laps, Norris held on for his maiden Grand Prix victory by just over a second 😎

Followed that up with a respectable 6th place in Barcelona and it seems like we are cooking now and on track to meet the board's expectation of 5th in the constructors championship.

Biggest frustration so far is the races tend to all end up split into 2 or 3 massive DRS trains, at least until the last round of put stops. You have groups of 4-6 cars going round all within a second of each other, continuosly overtaking each other, losing the place a couple of laps later, retaking it again etc.

Loving it so far though.

Had 3 5th place finishes with Norris.

Got to Silverstone, qualified 5th. Car flying, ended up P1 after around 20 laps and then rain hit. Timed it perfectly to switch to Inters which gave me a 12 second advantage over Hamilton. Rain disappeared with 26 laps left and switched back to mediums to see out the race, with a 10 second advantage over Hamilton and Le Clerc battling for P2.

4 laps from the end and the gap had closed to 5 seconds, and Norris spun. Ended up 5th again, with Ricciardo 7th and with fastest lap after putting him to softs with 2 laps left.

Gutted!!
Had 3 5th place finishes with Norris.

Got to Silverstone, qualified 5th. Car flying, ended up P1 after around 20 laps and then rain hit. Timed it perfectly to switch to Inters which gave me a 12 second advantage over Hamilton. Rain disappeared with 26 laps left and switched back to mediums to see out the race, with a 10 second advantage over Hamilton and Le Clerc battling for P2.

4 laps from the end and the gap had closed to 5 seconds, and Norris spun. Ended up 5th again, with Ricciardo 7th and with fastest lap after putting him to softs with 2 laps left.

Gutted!!

Austria next race, qualify 4th with Norris and 7th Ricciardo. End up 1-2 until it starts raining, where Verstappen and Hamilton jumped Norris and Ricciardo had to stay out an extra lap as there was no time to pit both, and dropped to 7th.

Norris in 3rd spun (again) and ended up finishing 7th, but Ricciardo took advantage to finish 3rd and get my 1st podium.

Loving it so far mind

Last edited:
Just got this today and started a new game with Aston Martin. After 4 races I’ve finished 3rd and 4th last (after any DNFs) each time so I’m not sure they were the best team to start with!

Last edited:
A lot easier by the second season mind.

Won 20 of 22 races with McLaren, Lando picking up 17 of those wins and romping to the title.

Third season I've stated with 5 consecutive 1-2s. Replaced Ricciardo with Russell to complete an all British lineup, Russell pipping it 3-2 so far.

I've two achievements left to collect, one where a driver had to get a hundred rating and once where the pit crew does. Will probably take another two or three seasons for the pit crew and not sure if I can be bothered now!

Is it worth getting on the ps5 ?

That’s where I’m playing mine, it’s good.

Started my 2nd season at McLaren. Norris and Ocon as my drivers.

3 races in and doing a lot better than season 1. Had a 4th and 5th in race 1, Ocon 3rd and Norris 4th in race 2 (after qualifying 1-2 due to rain) and then Norris 2nd and Ocon 5th race 3. As in real life, Verstappen is ridiculously quick and has won every race so far.

Very, very fast car but seem to be ruining the tyres quickly, so need to work on that

That’s where I’m playing mine, it’s good.

Started my 2nd season at McLaren. Norris and Ocon as my drivers.

3 races in and doing a lot better than season 1. Had a 4th and 5th in race 1, Ocon 3rd and Norris 4th in race 2 (after qualifying 1-2 due to rain) and then Norris 2nd and Ocon 5th race 3. As in real life, Verstappen is ridiculously quick and has won every race so far.

Very, very fast car but seem to be ruining the tyres quickly, so need to work on that
Il pick it up tomorrow mate cheers

A win!!

After Norris kept getting into 2nd / 3rd and running wide or locking up, finally a win with him at Monaco.

Qualified 4th but managed to get up to 2nd past Sainz and Gasly despite starting on mediums with the other 2 on softs, and pulled out a good 3/4 second lead over 3rd, but a good 17/18 seconds behind Verstappen.

Pitted onto hards after around 30 laps, and about lap 45 Verstappen crashed out. Brought out a safety car, and a nervy last few laps as my tyres were very much on the edge but ended up 1.5 seconds clear of Gasly and 15 seconds clear of Sainz in 3rd. Puts Norris 2nd in drivers standings, 28 points behind Verstappen. Also up to 2nd in constructors.

Really, really enjoying the game like.

A win!!

After Norris kept getting into 2nd / 3rd and running wide or locking up, finally a win with him at Monaco.

Qualified 4th but managed to get up to 2nd past Sainz and Gasly despite starting on mediums with the other 2 on softs, and pulled out a good 3/4 second lead over 3rd, but a good 17/18 seconds behind Verstappen.

Pitted onto hards after around 30 laps, and about lap 45 Verstappen crashed out. Brought out a safety car, and a nervy last few laps as my tyres were very much on the edge but ended up 1.5 seconds clear of Gasly and 15 seconds clear of Sainz in 3rd. Puts Norris 2nd in drivers standings, 28 points behind Verstappen. Also up to 2nd in constructors.

Really, really enjoying the game like.
Class mate !

I’m Aston Martin
Only 3 races in developing cars know this season will be nothing
Target is 5 year plan 😂

My aim is top 10
M best finish 15th

Class mate !

I’m Aston Martin
Only 3 races in developing cars know this season will be nothing
Target is 5 year plan 😂

My aim is top 10
M best finish 15th

Managed a 2nd win with Norris in France, seem to be qualifying solidly 7th and higher, but the race pace is very good.

Norris is 2nd in championship, 30 points behind Verstappen, around 7/8 races left

Managed a 2nd win with Norris in France, seem to be qualifying solidly 7th and higher, but the race pace is very good.

Norris is 2nd in championship, 30 points behind Verstappen, around 7/8 races left
aye, good when ya improve. I’m throwing as much money at the cars and research as I can my target this season is finish above Williams which shouldn’t be hard.

Then aim to have a better car than haas, develop some young. F2 drivers with testing and then move them to a new 1-2 hopefully 80 rated with fast growth.

The F1 speakman 😂

aye, good when ya improve. I’m throwing as much money at the cars and research as I can my target this season is finish above Williams which shouldn’t be hard.

Then aim to have a better car than haas, develop some young. F2 drivers with testing and then move them to a new 1-2 hopefully 80 rated with fast growth.

The F1 speakman 😂

I’ve got Norris and Ocon, so both still relatively young with lots of growth potential. I’m in 2 minds now whether to develop anything for the last 3/4 races of the season on the off chance I’m still in with a shout of drivers title, or solely focus on next season.

It’s a class game like, probably be hammering it this week as my mate who I play COD with is on late shift

Into the start of my second season with Aston…the first season is consistently finished 17th and 18th apart from a few exceptions. Realised early on that I wasn’t going to do anything in the first season so threw everything into improving the design centre and research for the next season. Ended the season with a massive one point!

Started the new season with Ocon and Stroll, stroll pisses me off cos he keeps going wide but he’s got potential. First race Ocon finished 5th and Stroll got fastest lap!
EDIT: Second race and Ocon crashed the useless git! :lol:

Last edited:
4 races into season 3 and Norris has won 2 and got a 2nd too (12th in the opening race after hitting Perez whilst battling for lead), 5 points clear at top of world championship. Seem to consistently qualify 4th-6th but then the race pace is very good.

Ocon - despite having a rating of 87 and decent stats - just seems to struggle. Qualifies 8th-10th consistently, and has a highest finish of 6th. Currently putting any development points onto his pace attributes.

4 races into season 3 and Norris has won 2 and got a 2nd too (12th in the opening race after hitting Perez whilst battling for lead), 5 points clear at top of world championship. Seem to consistently qualify 4th-6th but then the race pace is very good.

Ocon - despite having a rating of 87 and decent stats - just seems to struggle. Qualifies 8th-10th consistently, and has a highest finish of 6th. Currently putting any development points onto his pace attributes.
Ocon aggression let’s him down.

Back