F1 2023

Just seen this.

Just as an engine supplier?

Haas Ford / Andretti Ford?

Lots of fuzzy warm retro vibes (old Cosworth 60s/70s and McLaren Ford/Benneton Ford/Stewart Ford in the 90s) I'm getting off them back in F1 for some reason.
Nothing other than putting their name on the engines that Red Bull will be making themselves as far as I know.
Oddly, that's people who used to work for Honda, or were trained by Honda, to make and service the Honda engines - that Honda walked away from. And then signed up to come back in, with a new, different engine?

F1 is mad sometimes :lol:

i think merely as sponsor to red bull power trains, unless the Red Bull Org sell it to Ford perhaps? Does cosworth still exist? Assume that Ford have nothing much to bring to the table other than money, probably be the same setup as in WRC with Malcom Wilson up in Carlisle.
Oddly, that's people who used to work for Honda, or were trained by Honda, to make and service the Honda engines - that Honda walked away from. And then signed up to come back in, with a new, different engine?
what a right fcuking hokey cokey that has been. Red Bull buy the IP, japan keeps going for a season or two while Milton Keynes gets up to speed. Half of brixworth are poached to Milton Keynes. Honda then dither over whether they're leaving or not. I "think" at this point Milton Keynes pivots to buildng the 2026 engine and Honda agree to keep their hybrid-turbo engine "ticking over" till 2026 out of Japan. Then there is rumour Honda will get into bed with Red Bull full time again, or VW or Porsche. Honda are linked to Andretti.

Now it looks like its Honda to 2026. RB PowerTrain badged Ford from 2026 & Honda go back to the land of the rising sun till a decades time when they come back again with a GP2 engine & quit on the cusp of competitive performance, AGAIN!

Gonna be a long year for this fcuker anarl...

anyone spot the difference?

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Nothing other than putting their name on the engines that Red Bull will be making themselves as far as I know.

Ah I see!
i think merely as sponsor to red bull power trains, unless the Red Bull Org sell it to Ford perhaps? Does cosworth still exist? Assume that Ford have nothing much to bring to the table other than money, probably be the same setup as in WRC with Malcom Wilson up in Carlisle.

what a right fcuking hokey cokey that has been. Red Bull buy the IP, japan keeps going for a season or two while Milton Keynes gets up to speed. Half of brixworth are poached to Milton Keynes. Honda then dither over whether they're leaving or not. I "think" at this point Milton Keynes pivots to buildng the 2026 engine and Honda agree to keep their hybrid-turbo engine "ticking over" till 2026 out of Japan. Then there is rumour Honda will get into bed with Red Bull full time again, or VW or Porsche. Honda are linked to Andretti.

Now it looks like its Honda to 2026. RB PowerTrain badged Ford from 2026 & Honda go back to the land of the rising sun till a decades time when they come back again with a GP2 engine & quit on the cusp of competitive performance, AGAIN!

Gonna be a long year for this fcuker anarl...

anyone spot the difference?

Logon or register to see this image

Cheers

2023 car launches

DateTeam
31 JanuaryHaas
3 FebruaryRed Bull*
6 FebruaryWilliams
7 FebruaryAlfa Romeo
11 FebruaryAlpha Tauri
13 FebruaryAston Martin
13 FebruaryMcLaren
14 FebruaryFerrari
15 FebruaryMercedes
16 FebruaryAlpine
* Red Bull have billed their event as a 'season launch' rather than a new car launch

Pre-Season Testing Bahrain

Thursday 23rd February 7am - 4.30pm UK
Friday 24th February 7am - 4.30pm UK
Saturday 25th February 7am - 4.30pm UK

Back