F1 2022

Senna was the archetypal F1 driver.

Clever, ruthless, able to galvanise a team around him, unbelievable car control, unshakable self belief.
Best of all time imo.

Would have sewn up another 3 titles had he not died.

What always makes me chill in awe is the fact he put that utter dog of a Williams on pole in 94 for the first three races. Almost like he had an insane level of self belief and was able to wrangle the best out of sub par machinery.

Was he perfect? No. But Schumacher and others were significantly less so.

For anyone who hasn’t watched the senna movie, please do.

Last edited:
Looks like its pretty much confirmed that Mclaren are going to have legal fights on both sides of the Atlantic for the their 2023 drivers...

They've been phasing Ricciardo out for a while now but I expected them to see out his contract tbh.

Their car is shite this year. One of the slowest in a straight line on the grid. Think it's as much as Norris being exceptional and Ricciardo por, that is the difference.

Ricciardo back to Alpine (if that happens) mivbt see him come out well in this.

Best of all time imo.

Would have sewn up another 3 titles had he not died.

What always makes me chill in awe is the fact he put that utter dog of a Williams on pole in 94 for the first three races. Almost like he had an insane level of self belief and was able to wrangle the best out of sub par machinery.

Was he perfect? No. But Schumacher and others were significantly less so.

For anyone who hasn’t watched the senna movie, please do.
Took me years before I could watch it as I watched the crash live and remember the news getting worse and worse. Brilliant documentary would recommend just for the drivers briefings. Still haven't watched the last bit and probably won't

Took me years before I could watch it as I watched the crash live and remember the news getting worse and worse. Brilliant documentary would recommend just for the drivers briefings. Still haven't watched the last bit and probably won't
Feel your pain with not being upto watching the last part, that race was bizarrely the last one i’ve been to and i was 10 year old.

Was an out there weekend to be there and sitting at the chicanes before the start finish straight word never got round to us what had happened, until we walked up the pitlane after the race to the podium and heard things werent looking good and didnt find out until a petrol station on the way home he was gone !

As a kid i then took the bizarre decision to say good night to the bloke every night for like the next 18 month/2years

Just browsing Twitter and I noticed that Michael Masi and Lewis were both trending, it seems the GOAT has done his first interview which touches upon the end of last season, more or less outright calling the FIA and Masi corrupt. The timing of this, coming just after it's announced that Masi has left the FIA with an NDA signed, is sure to reopen some old wounds. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the FIA go on the offensive with some kind of punishment.

Just browsing Twitter and I noticed that Michael Masi and Lewis were both trending, it seems the GOAT has done his first interview which touches upon the end of last season, more or less outright calling the FIA and Masi corrupt. The timing of this, coming just after it's announced that Masi has left the FIA with an NDA signed, is sure to reopen some old wounds. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the FIA go on the offensive with some kind of punishment.

thats a great interview

It was clearly corrupt. Manufactured a finale for drama purposes but it was clear as day just how dodgy it was. I have hardly bothered with it this year as a result, its not sport when you get shit like that happening.

great read, thanks

Please make this happen! Anyone complaining about our history of managers need look no further than that pile of useless shite! Enzo is spinning in his grave! Please, if you care about Ferrari Mr. Binotto, do the decent thing and take a long walk of a short pier. You have reduced the team and the name Ferrari to a joke.

I remember it vividly. I had only been into motorsport for about 2 years and it affected me. But only in as much as I saw Ayrton as a top driver during that season. I never saw or understood how good he was before. Despite being into a sport build on its archives, I had not even started seeing any racing from years gone by. I was yet to see the real Senna.
Feel your pain with not being upto watching the last part, that race was bizarrely the last one i’ve been to and i was 10 year old.

Was an out there weekend to be there and sitting at the chicanes before the start finish straight word never got round to us what had happened, until we walked up the pitlane after the race to the podium and heard things werent looking good and didnt find out until a petrol station on the way home he was gone !

As a kid i then took the bizarre decision to say good night to the bloke every night for like the next 18 month/2years

Being such a newbie to F1 I was able to continue. But like a lot of people I think I saw his greatness in the grief displayed. Roland Ratzenberger died that weekend too. But few grieve for him. The bigger the name the more emotional the grief when they die.

Last edited:
Senna was the archetypal F1 driver.

Clever, ruthless, able to galvanise a team around him, unbelievable car control, unshakable self belief.

He was anything but the archetype, surely? Berger, Brundle, Piquet, De Angelis, Prost all had a lot of things in common in their approach to driving, even Schumacher in some ways. For me Senna was a one off; for out and out ruthlessness the only drivers who approach him are Schumacher and Verstappen, but Ayrton was twice the driver they were/are.

Fantastic interview that, thanks.

Back