F1 2022

I know I have said this a few times but I cant wait to see the new cars.

I just hope I am not dissapointed

Nico Hulkenburg reported it was hard to follow cars closely but I am unsure of the circumstances that led to his comments

Nico Hulkenburg reported it was hard to follow cars closely but I am unsure of the circumstances that led to his comments
Simulator work, so questionable how well they replicate the dirty air.

Ah right

leiws traditionally did not like sim work, as good as they are they lack the forces that make real driving such a challenge
The driving and how the cars react is very close, lack of g-forces excepted.

You only ever see them as a single vehicle, looking for a set-up, not actual racing, that is potentially more subjective in the programming.

Me to, been looking forward to it for 2 years since I heard HOW Brawn created these regulations.
IIRC, Brawn's regs have the ability to make changes as they go, so hopefully it will be tweaked where required.

Hulk's comments are like others I've read (Bottas?) - they are actually saying that cornering speeds seem to be similar and they are somehow equating this to "so dirty air will be the same".
That is completely misunderstanding HOW those cornering speeds are being achieved: By ground effect and aero that doesn't cause the same amount of dirty air.
I'm surprised that these comments are coming out tbh.

Anyone on here play F1 2021?

Recently picked up a canny setup for same but I'm sick to death of playing against people online who just crash into you, and I'm nowhere near good enough nor have enough time for proper league races yet.

A balance of some jump on and play lobbies with clean, realistic racing would be perfect.

Recently picked up a canny setup for same but I'm sick to death of playing against people online who just crash into you, and I'm nowhere near good enough nor have enough time for proper league races yet.

A balance of some jump on and play lobbies with clean, realistic racing would be perfect.
Still playing 20 heard there’s loads of issues with 21 so waiting for 22 and the new regs and I’ll buy that instead

Played it for a couple of years but binned it about 2 weeks after the update.

Substantive action will be required to start rebuilding Hamilton's trust in the governing body.

The alternative for the FIA is to face the prospect - however remote it might seem - of the most successful driver in history walking away from the sport and saying he is doing it because he does not trust its governing body to administer F1 fairly.

Ferrari will unveil their new challenger on the 17th Feb… looks like the middle of the month will be busy for cars getting shown to the public, although I reckon all of them will be mock ups and not indicative of their clever bells & whistles…

In other news, who’s he gonna blame this time:

10 place grid penalty for Lewis at the first 3 races of the season and Red Bull able to deploy/recall the safety car at any time that suits them best.

Ferrari will unveil their new challenger on the 17th Feb… looks like the middle of the month will be busy for cars getting shown to the public, although I reckon all of them will be mock ups and not indicative of their clever bells & whistles…

In other news, who’s he gonna blame this time:

I’m embarrassed to tell you how long that took me to realise it was a game 🤣

Apparently the Renault/Alpine car could well be pink this year, BWT is expected to become their title sponsor when they announced Szafnauer as team principal. Apparently bwt has disappeared from the Aston Martin website already. They’ve also let Prost go as consultant to the Renault management, was on an annual contract that they’ve failed to renew…

Apparently the Renault/Alpine car could well be pink this year, BWT is expected to become their title sponsor when they announced Szafnauer as team principal. Apparently bwt has disappeared from the Aston Martin website already. They’ve also let Prost go as consultant to the Renault management, was on an annual contract that they’ve failed to renew…
We now have a pink Renault as well as a green Mercedes.

Back