F1 2022

Sky Sports F1 have done a special F! show. month on from the great debacle of the FIA handing Max his title !

a decent watch so far but still the experts claiming Max deserved and aiming most of the jibes at Masi being both exhausted and out of his depth !

Herbert - Its a disgrace and was wrong
Hill - its a mess and a shame
Brundle - Max deserved it and Masi was exhuasted

I used to think Brundle was alright

Herbert - Its a disgrace and was wrong
Hill - its a mess and a shame
Brundle - Max deserved it and Masi was exhuasted

I used to think Brundle was alright
I’m going to guess that what brundle is saying is that max isn’t an undeserved world champion when looking at the club he joined. regardless of the mess in the race, either driver deserved the title.

I think it was Maurice Hamilton who wrote an extended piece about the workload that masi undertook in the last 18 months so the exhaustion line isn’t a kop out…

I presume this is the sky f1 discussion mentioned:

Following the thread from the sky f1 tweet it looks like hill was tangling with Hamilton fans on Twitter.

I think Damon has a point…

Last edited:
I’m going to guess that what brundle is saying is that max isn’t an undeserved world champion when looking at the club he joined. regardless of the mess in the race, either driver deserved the title.

I think it was Maurice Hamilton who wrote an extended piece about the workload that masi undertook in the last 18 months so the exhaustion line isn’t a kop out…
I don't like the use of the word ' deserve ' in sport or indeed life you get or don't get what you get or not, I don't agree with saying Max deserved it because he lead the most laps, he was on the podium the most because its objective and its easily argued that he had the fastest car for 85% of the season should he should have and he was the most penalised front running driver and was involved in more incidents of his causing which were deemed to be by the regulations ' unfair ' driving despite him not being penalised for half the incidents that he should have been !

as for Masi exhaustion should not be a possible excuse for contradicting decisions that he took only last season in a similar situation and how he decided he could change the regulations for whatever reasons he chose to and giving Max a championship which without Masi's decisions he would not have earned on the track.

I presume this is the sky f1 discussion mentioned:

Following the thread from the sky f1 tweet it looks like hill was tangling with Hamilton fans on Twitter.

I think Damon has a point…

I agree with Damon but at the same time he's mentioned Adelaide '94 a fair few times hasn't he !

Last edited:
Just curious as to people's feelings now. Imagine the last race is run again and the same things happened. The crash and safety car come out with a few laps to go. We are going to replace the RD with a rule that applies no matter who leads who or the position of the championship.

What would you go for.
A) jiggle the cars so the top 2 get to race for a lap. As they did.
B) let them finish behind the safety car if within say 3 laps of the race end.
C) red flag it, everyone changes tyres and a standing restart for the remaining laps.
D) as A but close the pit lane before the safety car is announced.

I like having ex drivers as race stewards, and them deciding on time and grid penalties for racing incidents. But we should have rules about what happens in these situations so everyone knows what will happen.

Be kind.

Or any other ideas

it has to be B. B is the established rules that everyone is aware of and the way it's worked for years. If they absolutely must finish under racing conditions then C, but that take's the whole thing into it being entertainment over sport.

Max will be under tremendous pressure to behave in a way that is commensurate with being world champion. He knows his win will be seen as controversial and will be keen to win it again in a clean non controversial manner.

Max will be under tremendous pressure to behave in a way that is commensurate with being world champion. He knows his win will be seen as controversial and will be keen to win it again in a clean non controversial manner.
You think? I don’t think it’ll change him or red bull in the slightest. All the pressure has been on the fia rather than his shithousery.

Well then he is more of a dick than I already thought he was
when he retires at 40 as a multiple world champion, he "may" look back on it differently... but i don't see anything changing in his approach next season, the dutch gp will be equally painful.

I enjoyed the Toto Wolff interview on the F1 Show. He looked like another of Hans Gruber's villainous brothers from Die Hard, with the black turtle-neck and suit, and grey concrete in the background. I was half expecting him to say he has Masi held hostage, and that the FIA need to reverse the Abu Dhabi last lap decision in 24 hours, or every F1 track will be blown up, along with Masi.

Back