F1 2022

I am so bored reading the amount of shite from alleged ITK's about Hamilton retiring etc. It's worse that the PF when a rumour hits.

I cannot imagine Hamilton going this far into the close season without saying he was driving to Toto at least. All the bollocks about who would replace him are boring.

What probably finished Masi off for good was his radio message to Toto Wolff of "It's called a race". Toto may have deserved it, the way he behaved in 2021, but that was a slap in the face to everyone who wants races won fairly rather than results being manipulated to suit one driver over the rest.

That's called race-fixing, Michael. If he had a shred of decency he'd have resigned as soon as the race ended.

I cannot imagine Hamilton going this far into the close season without saying he was driving to Toto at least. All the bollocks about who would replace him are boring.
the only person who seems to be on record about will he or won't he is toto himself... which suggests to me that its a smoke screen, the andrew benson article said that hamilton & the team (aka toto) were on the same page. im sure all the boring bollocks (i agree by the way) is great for them, keeps Ben Sulayem on his toes. imagine the fireworks at liberty if he lets Hamilton slip through his fingers on day one on the eve of the season where liberty attempt to go twice as big in the USA with their most marketable asset in the US benched...

the only person who seems to be on record about will he or won't he is toto himself... which suggests to me that its a smoke screen, the andrew benson article said that hamilton & the team (aka toto) were on the same page. im sure all the boring bollocks (i agree by the way) is great for them, keeps Ben Sulayem on his toes. imagine the fireworks at liberty if he lets Hamilton slip through his fingers on day one on the eve of the season where liberty attempt to go twice as big in the USA with their most marketable asset in the US benched...
F1 can survive without Hamilton, he's not their biggest assest anymore

The show would go on, but it was clear last season was all about getting max as champion to set up this year as the grudge match.

Would really piss on their chips if Lewis walked.

Tbh I wouldn't blame him. It takes so much to perform at that level and literally put your life on the line that if you feel you have been "played" your heart may no longer be in it. If that's the case and you are as financially secure as him, walk away with your head held high and never engage with F1 again. It's the most damming statement he could make

:lol: :lol: :lol: The greatest F1 driver of all time is no longer F1's biggest asset. Christ, I've read some shite on here!
Ask the average American to name a current F1 driver and they’d struggle, but if it’s going to one driver it’s not going to be Max.
Would really piss on their chips if Lewis walked.
I can’t see how Liberty (in the current climate) would let that happen, they’d be gunning for the new FIA President…

Last edited:
I think the greatest F1 driver is between Fangio, Clark, Senna, Schumacher and Hamilton. You can argue strongly for all of them. To say Hamilton "is" the greatest? By no means certain. Statistically? Definitely. Ability, impact and influence on the sport? That's where the argument lies.

I think the greatest F1 driver is between Fangio, Clark, Senna, Schumacher and Hamilton. You can argue strongly for all of them. To say Hamilton "is" the greatest? By no means certain. Statistically? Definitely. Ability, impact and influence on the sport? That's where the argument lies.
I’ve said this before, my top three isn’t a traditional top 3 as I rate them all as the ‘greatest’ in their own way - Clark, Senna & Lewis are all about the same…

It’s them and then the rest…

Yeah, fair point, and with so many variables in the sport down the years, it's very difficult to pinpoint the greatest with all of them taken into account.

Statistically though, he takes the top spot and as a current F1 driver, it's ludicrous for Hettonbot to suggest he's not F1's biggest asset.

Although F1 will survive without Hamilton they would be significantly diminished.

As Errant has already stated, Hamilton is a big factor in the US market which Liberty are looking to expand over the coming seasons.

F1 appear to be doing the right thing in removing Masi which should be enough to appease Mercedes / Wolff / Hamilton.

Hopefully they can take a good look at the race directors role and team while they're at it.

Back