F1 2022

That Ferrari is not one of the worst cars in the field.

I’d hate to see the one that is. We all wanted them to come good after years of being forcibly held back from winning but it took all of what, 3 races, for their run of good form, and the car’s strength over RB, to last. Now they can’t buy a podium or a win hardly. The last race was the tip of the iceberg for me. BOTH retired - this is Ferrari! That’s why I didn’t want to see it. The comedown in the cars level of competitive strength has been epic. How can a two car team which started so well become a car able to both get DNFs and fall down the order as much as they have?

Exactly. Who expected him to still be there in the top 10 at the end? I didn’t. I’m a huge Ferrari fan but have no faith in him whatsoever. He’s got to be one of the worst drivers the team has ever had. He’s dog shit atrocious normally. But for him to still hang on in 2nd place and given the team he drives for and given the car is one of the worst in the 2022 F1 field, means he deserves immense credit.

Glad to see him outperform Sergio Perez also.
Luca Badoer?
Looking forward to getting back. Everyone camping?
Hotel a few miles away.

Last edited:
Luca Badoer?

Hotel a few miles away.
Badoer was a good driver, he easily won the F3000 championship in 92 beating guys like Coulthard, Panis and Barrichello. He never got a proper chance in F1 while in his prime, his 4 seasons in the 90s were in some of the worst cars in the history of F1.

Some would argue Kimi did not fulfill his potential or that of the car while he was at Ferrari

Badoer was a good driver, he easily won the F3000 championship in 92 beating guys like Coulthard, Panis and Barrichello. He never got a proper chance in F1 while in his prime, his 4 seasons in the 90s were in some of the worst cars in the history of F1.

Some would argue Kimi did not fulfill his potential or that of the car while he was at Ferrari
Despite his WDC in 2007?

I’d hate to see the one that is. We all wanted them to come good after years of being forcibly held back from winning but it took all of what, 3 races, for their run of good form, and the car’s strength over RB, to last. Now they can’t buy a podium or a win hardly. The last race was the tip of the iceberg for me. BOTH retired - this is Ferrari! That’s why I didn’t want to see it. The comedown in the cars level of competitive strength has been epic. How can a two car team which started so well become a car able to both get DNFs and fall down the order as much as they have?

speak for yourself, I would be more than happy for them to be out in every Q1.

Missed this one yesterday with being at the Elton John gig. Pleased for Hamilton but I really hope the team improve next years car. Just one more world title Lewis!!
I’ve often thought the abuse you get in here was a bit harsh. Then posts like this can only mean 1 of 2 things:

You’re a WUM
You’re extremely ill-informed

I’m not sure which, nor do I particularly care. Have an ignore.
It’s not harsh. He just goes against the majority on every post. Some of the stuff he comes out with is pure crap.

Best have him on ignore.

Last edited:
Missed this one yesterday with being at the Elton John gig. Pleased for Hamilton but I really hope the team improve next years car. Just one more world title Lewis!!

It’s not harsh. He just goes against the majority on every post. Some of the stuff he comes out with is pure crap.

Best have him on ignore.
He's very weird mind

Exactly. Who expected him to still be there in the top 10 at the end? I didn’t. I’m a huge Ferrari fan but have no faith in him whatsoever. He’s got to be one of the worst drivers the team has ever had. He’s dog shit atrocious normally. But for him to still hang on in 2nd place and given the team he drives for and given the car is one of the worst in the 2022 F1 field, means he deserves immense credit.

Glad to see him outperform Sergio Perez also.

That's a bit pointless - a technical problem stopped his race, he was not 'outdriven' - every driver who finishes 'outperforms' every driver who doesn't. Technical problems just mean you were unlucky anyway and might otherwise have won (I read it on here).

Edit: I'd also disagree about Sainz, he'll never be a world champion IMO, but he is a decent top team driver.

Last edited:
It could be the last race of the season with Max 150 points in the lead and you would still think Merc could pull off a come from behind win.

The only chance for a title win for anyone not named Max Verstappen is Ferrari sorting out their reliability issues and Leclerc driving like an absolute animal for the rest of the season.
Its a fair lead from verstappen to leclerc, both had similar DNF's costing them similar amount of points.

One horse race this year. Ferrari are just short of truly competing.
That ferrari chewing up its engines pretty much guarantees another damage limitation race in the future, possibly even 2.
Verstappen can afford 6 straight 2nd place finishes to Leclerc already

Watched the highlights this morning. Missed the live race with some kind of flu. Never been that ill in years. Still in bed now.

Didn't seem to be the most interesting race. Or maybe I wasn't concentrating enough. Never enjoy the highlights show mind.

Watched the highlights this morning. Missed the live race with some kind of flu. Never been that ill in years. Still in bed now.

Didn't seem to be the most interesting race. Or maybe I wasn't concentrating enough. Never enjoy the highlights show mind.
Here's a better highlights/review.

No connection, just a fan.

Hope you are feeling better mate 👍

Back