F1 2022

Exactly as it was when you criticised Red Bull - the trouble is on these simulation and scenario informed times it will be rare that team mates are in an identical situation in the teams eyes and the moment they are the team split strategies most often.
Which different cars were the RBs racing? It was a three way battle between Sergio, max and Charles. Not comparable at all to Lewis racing Alonso and George racing Ocon

Which different cars were the RBs racing? It was a three way battle between Sergio, max and Charles. Not comparable at all to Lewis racing Alonso and George racing Ocon

At the end Russell - who has looked stronger than Hamilton this season - seemed to just settle for P4 very readily despite newer tyres, I think the only way past a lead driver for any of the top teams is to significantly out qualify tbh.

At the end Russell - who has looked stronger than Hamilton this season - seemed to just settle for P4 very readily despite newer tyres, I think the only way past a lead driver for any of the top teams is to significantly out qualify tbh.
He dropped off as they both alluded to, they were worried about Charles’ pace and whether he’d overtake them both. It’s a different game entirely when you don’t have the fastest car and are working together to stop a faster car

There was a time when Max used to do that every race.

Granted he did stop doing it
Yeah but that was F1 building the "journey" for Max's career (young street smart renegade taking on the establishment) so it was ok (officially sanctioned)

Last edited:
Not enough congratulations to Sainz on here. Biggest Improvement From Expected Finish Award winner surely. Nobody surely expected him to finish anywhere near the podium or the top 10 for that matter.

A shout out to Charlie too. From where he started to where he finished was incredible. If F1 had the Jack Sears Trophy that’s used in the BTCC surely Charles would be leading it.

Could this be the overdue comeback for the Scuderia??

Last edited:
He started third and finished second?

Exactly. Who expected him to still be there in the top 10 at the end? I didn’t. I’m a huge Ferrari fan but have no faith in him whatsoever. He’s got to be one of the worst drivers the team has ever had. He’s dog shit atrocious normally. But for him to still hang on in 2nd place and given the team he drives for and given the car is one of the worst in the 2022 F1 field, means he deserves immense credit.

Glad to see him outperform Sergio Perez also.

Exactly. Who expected him to still be there in the top 10 at the end? I didn’t. I’m a huge Ferrari fan but have no faith in him whatsoever. He’s got to be one of the worst drivers the team has ever had. He’s dog shit atrocious normally. But for him to still hang on in 2nd place and given the team he drives for and given the car is one of the worst in the 2022 F1 field, means he deserves immense credit.

It was surprising that he took the fight to Max at the end tbf. I expected him to be holding off Hamilton rather than driving away from him and challenging for the win

What an arsehole you are being. Nothing wrong with Sainz. He was equally as strong as Charles last season, but had a rough start and lost confidence this. He probably isn’t quite as quick as Charles, but he still has a car beyond the rest of the field and so without Charles and Checo in contention I think we all fully expected him to finish P2 at least. He did well to push Max as hard as he did, would have been interesting without the final safety car to see if Max could have got past him at the end.

Same with Charles though, I think everyone fully expected him to finish ahead of everyone that wasn’t a merc, Ferrari or RB due to his pace advantage, and he duly obliged

That Ferrari is not one of the worst cars in the field.

It rides kerbs better than any other car and it’s quick.

Max agreed Sainz was probably faster than him yesterday.

Ferrari‘s woes have been in poor strategy calls and reliability.

I’ve often thought the abuse you get in here was a bit harsh. Then posts like this can only mean 1 of 2 things:

You’re a WUM
You’re extremely ill-informed

I’m not sure which, nor do I particularly care. Have an ignore.

Back