F1 2022

It’s brilliant when there are F1 people to speak to as they’re normally so stressed they sometimes let things slip. I don’t think anyone watching really gives a shit about the opinion of some Instagram twat.
Or Kimi announcing he was having a shit :lol:

You can just tell that he hates doing the grid walks at any event where celebrities need to be seen like Monaco, or more recently Austin and Miami.

Well what a boring race that was - I'm sure i'm not the first to say that!

After a reasonable start to the season with some laudable close racing, it appears to be fading into a snorefest.

The cars look to have lost that edge they had over previous seasons and everything looks less impressive no matter which angle you look at it from. The change of direction of the cars at high speed, which was one of the hugely impressive features of F1 cars, is more subdued and the cars just seem less responsive.

The drivers title is already a two horse race and could easily result in the two current leaders finishing 100 or 150 points clear of third place. I suppose we should be thankful that they're not racing for the same team.

The failure of Maclaren to step up and Mercedes to show up has left the RBR and Ferrari team to run riot. The others just look like also rans, although kudos to Bottas for his race yesterday.

I can't get into this season at all and keep hoping that the arrival of a classic circuit may change that but it looks like Montreal or Silverstone :confused:

After a reasonable start to the season with some laudable close racing, it appears to be fading into a snorefest.

The cars look to have lost that edge they had over previous seasons and everything looks less impressive no matter which angle you look at it from. The change of direction of the cars at high speed, which was one of the hugely impressive features of F1 cars, is more subdued and the cars just seem less responsive.

The drivers title is already a two horse race and could easily result in the two current leaders finishing 100 or 150 points clear of third place. I suppose we should be thankful that they're not racing for the same team.

The failure of Maclaren to step up and Mercedes to show up has left the RBR and Ferrari team to run riot. The others just look like also rans, although kudos to Bottas for his race yesterday.

I can't get into this season at all and keep hoping that the arrival of a classic circuit may change that but it looks like Montreal or Silverstone :confused:
The problem is the tyres. Russell only had a drop off of 4 tenths over his full stint on the hards, not enough to really create any strategy option. You seen how Lewis barely caught Russell up once moving to new hards, for instance, and even Perez barely made a dint into the Ferraris on the new mediums. Without the tyre delta it’s going to be hard to overtake at poor tracks regardless of the following.

I think you’re being premature with writing others out of the title race. Mercedes still have time to come back into it, especially the constructors side, and there’s still 18 races left. Problem for me is that I can’t stand le clere as much as I can’t stand max, so it’s a no win situation at the front regardless. And the drivers I do like, sainz and Perez, are nowhere to be seen

Between the cars, the tracks and the tyres, it feels like it's not really clicking at the minute. There's definitely something to be said for racing on an actual track as opposed to these wannabee Indycar street circuits.

I do feel like the tyres are just not helping at the moment. Really, I don't think you should be able to stick the hard tyres on at the start and keep them until the last lap. It's a viable strategy, but it doesn't make for particularly interesting racing IMO.

Barcelona next, will be a snoozefest.

Almost all of the races there since the 90s have been awful.

Then Monaco afterwa.....🥱

I've got this horrible feeling Ferrari will at some point fall behind Red Bull and fail to keep up from around August onwards.

Talk seems to be that if Merc can't make any real progress in the next 2 races, then they're going to effectively write this season off and start from first principles at Canada. (According to Ted). If that happens that'll be them out of contention for race wins until next year...

I honestly fear a repeat of 2013.

Last edited:
Sainz had the measure of Le Clerc last year, surprised so far this year that he’s not been closer (yet).

The pressure really is getting in his head I think.

Looks absolutely sapped of confidence at the moment. 3rd place yesterday was what he needed.

Needs to calm down and remember he has a long term contract. Also needs to remember that he isn't a red bull 2nd driver....

He's first class on his day.

Last edited:
the races this season are just not holding my interest for some reason, whether it be poor tracks, strange start times who knows just cant seem to get into it. strange

I enjoyed the first couple.

Imola no longer being suited to modern F1 (or at least current regs) and Miami being a mickey mouse circuit hasn't helped.

The problem is the tyres. Russell only had a drop off of 4 tenths over his full stint on the hards, not enough to really create any strategy option. You seen how Lewis barely caught Russell up once moving to new hards, for instance, and even Perez barely made a dint into the Ferraris on the new mediums. Without the tyre delta it’s going to be hard to overtake at poor tracks regardless of the following.

I think you’re being premature with writing others out of the title race. Mercedes still have time to come back into it, especially the constructors side, and there’s still 18 races left. Problem for me is that I can’t stand le clere as much as I can’t stand max, so it’s a no win situation at the front regardless. And the drivers I do like, sainz and Perez, are nowhere to be seen
You may be right about the potential for other teams coming back into but its only potential at the moment.

The next 3 circuits are usually mediocre races - with the exception of Monaco which is dreadful so I never watch.

I don't dislike Leclerc but couldn't ever see my self being a fan. He does at least appear to have some humanity.

Last seasons Verstappen however was a shocking indictment of F1.

Lets hope he's matured - even a little bit.

I've been thinking the same. Since they had choice of 3, rather than just 2, it seems more often than not, they can easily do a 1 stop race without even having to manage it.
Suppose Pirelli were always going to struggle to know how this year's tyres would cope with the new cars, so they've likely played it very safe.
the races this season are just not holding my interest for some reason, whether it be poor tracks, strange start times who knows just cant seem to get into it. strange
Same here.
I think the illusion of importance has been very damaged by all the bullshit from F1 themselves last year, plus there's just too many races, so none of them feel important anymore.
I don't dislike Leclerc but couldn't ever see my self being a fan. He does at least appear to have some humanity.
Leclerc comes across as a decent person who is very professional and focussed to me.
I really think there's a world class racer there.

Last edited:

Liberty buggering around with the session start times really irritates me mind. Pushed back from nice and consistent 1pm starts to mid afternoon for European races (to benefit for the yanks), also half past the ****ing hour race starts ffs.

Also hate them starting qualy an hour or more before or after the race the next day (rather than having consistent times on back to back days on a sat and sun).

They can absolutely **** off with the sprint weekends too. Teams wanting more/if not all races from next year to be sprints. You can't have your cake and eat it gentlemen. Stinks of pure commercially driven greed from the owners and teams.

Last edited:
You may be right about the potential for other teams coming back into but its only potential at the moment.

The next 3 circuits are usually mediocre races - with the exception of Monaco which is dreadful so I never watch.

Last seasons Verstappen however was a shocking indictment of F1.

Lets hope he's matured - even a little bit.
I think he's showing signs of maturing this season, at last! I'm sure we'll still see moments of that petulance from him, because it's so engrained that it'll take time.

On the track, he's gone from pushing it slightly too far last season to hard but fair IMHO. Hopefully that continues too.
Same here.
I think the illusion of importance has been very damaged by all the bullshit from F1 themselves last year, plus there's just too many races, so none of them feel important anymore.
The sport really isn't helping itself with the ridiculous over the top hype it's giving to events that frankly don't deserve it, especially after last season left so many long term fans (or are we legacy fans now?) feeling immensely cynical about the direction the sport is going.

I definitely agree about too many races, the fact we're 5 races in and still talking about Merc not being out of it, despite their awful start to the season, is a testament to that. Is that good for the sport that a comeback is theoretically possible or does it just minimise the importance of each race?

Hamilton could be disqualified from every race if he doesnt take his nose piercing out at Monaco. Pre scrutiny before P1 will ban him exiting his garage. This also applies to others with jewellery and will be checking for the right underwear on.

Back