F1 2021

Watching the rerun on c4 wtf are these on about on the lap 37 incident that Lewis also went off track he was forced off !!
Channel 4 are awful, I had the misfortune of having to watch Silverstone on there and they were giving Lewis 100% of the blame and calling for bans before Max even hit the wall. I think I've used the comparison on here before, but they produce it as though they're a group of fans who have managed to get all access passes and a camera crew.

Posters on this thread could present and be less biased.

Channel 4 are awful, I had the misfortune of having to watch Silverstone on there and they were giving Lewis 100% of the blame and calling for bans before Max even hit the wall. I think I've used the comparison on here before, but they produce it as though they're a group of fans who have managed to get all access passes and a camera crew.

Posters on this thread could present and be less biased.
I hate C4’s coverage. The main bloke who presents it seems to take pleasure in knowing fuck all about the sport. It’s awful coverage.

Mercedes dominant race pace compared to red bull really showed the latter had totally set the car up for one lap pace to try and get pole position. It was no good at managing its tyres and even with a broken front wing lewis was miles faster. Maybe explains why red bull looked on course for a surprise pole position

I pump the bairns tyres to about 35PSI and they're rock hard.
I can't even imagine how hard 1000 PSI is.

He'll only have needed to dab them to generate those pressures

The pressures at full pedal force are immense and the temperatures commensurate with the kind of forces generated.

Braking technology has always been a fascinating topic as it doesn't always follow the logic you expect it to

The pressures at full pedal force are immense and the temperatures commensurate with the kind of forces generated.

Braking technology has always been a fascinating topic as it doesn't always follow the logic you expect it to
Someone above said 69bar is about half the braking force used for a hairpin, which would be almost maximum force?

Nope.

“with Lewis now on his rear bumper, he angrily hit the brakes at 69 bar generating 2.4G deceleration, nearly half that normally generated into a heavy braking zone for a high speed approach to a hairpin, and then pinned the throttle.”

Someone above said 69bar is about half the braking force used for a hairpin, which would be almost maximum force?
Probably correct.

TBF, 69 bar is fairly knocking on

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near if something burst
Nope.

“with Lewis now on his rear bumper, he angrily hit the brakes at 69 bar generating 2.4G deceleration, nearly half that normally generated into a heavy braking zone for a high speed approach to a hairpin, and then pinned the throttle.”
👍

Nope.

He deliberately wanted Hamilton to smash into the back of him and to damage his car so he couldn’t continue.

He’s an absolute disgrace.

He deliberately wanted Hamilton to smash into the back of him and to damage his car so he couldn’t continue.

He’s an absolute disgrace.
Hes completely lost it.

Reading the wording of 'applied the brakes in a way' fives the impression he shouldn't have done it but didn't do anything wrong.

How can 69 bar of brake pressure with a car just about 1m away from you at a point where you are normally flat out be classed as anything other than a brake check? And the instant acceleration aswell.

Any other incident that I've seen could be argued as an accident, that isn't an accident. If Lewis done that to max redbull would he threatening court action against the fia/mercedes. The whole thing stinks of keep the last race meaningful at all costs.

Just read this on F1 site. Interesting read without anything conclusive

I see Sky are under pressure to make this free to air. Surely a no brainer, alot of potential customers get see either a new champion or a record breaking champion. Would do Sky's subscription numbers no harm at all.

Just read this on F1 site. Interesting read without anything conclusive

The Austin comparison is interesting, although I don't think anyone can doubt that Mercedes have a fundamentally stronger package now than they did then.

My thoughts are that Red Bull need to hope for setup or reliability issues to win. Not out of the question, but I'm unsure that they can beat Merc on raw pace at the moment. The red flags and VSCs masked what would have been an absolutely dominant win IMO.

I see Sky are under pressure to make this free to air. Surely a no brainer, alot of potential customers get see either a new champion or a record breaking champion. Would do Sky's subscription numbers no harm at all.
Pressure from who?

Back