F1 2021

Were any SMBers at Croft yesterday for the BTCC?

Next best motorsport to watch if it falls on a non F1 weekend.

First time I've drove down for the race day since 2016 and the place was heaving compared to then. Ended up proper sunburnt anorl.

Last edited:
Martin Whitmarsh is back in F1 with Aston

Aston Martin F1 CEO and team principal Otmar Szafnauer will report to Whitmarsh, with both men answerable to Aston Martin owner Lawrence Stroll.

Martin Whitmarsh is back in F1 with Aston

Aston Martin F1 CEO and team principal Otmar Szafnauer will report to Whitmarsh, with both men answerable to Aston Martin owner Lawrence Stroll.
Apparently not there for involvement in the f1 or race teams, but the broader side of the group.

If the people running show have not already had a serious think about what would happen if it’s spa like then they want to leave their jobs…
Exactly this. The optimist in me says that Spa was a one off - hopefully - massively high speed circuit and with Norris’ aqua plane in quali it made the organisers nervous (not that it should have been run)
I’m sticking to the mindset of praying for a wet race for the excitement like we used to do, if any circuit needs it it’s Sochi!

If the people running show have not already had a serious think about what would happen if it’s spa like then they want to leave their jobs…
Can almost garuntee Max will end up benefitting somehow. Not suggesting that people who make decisions are for max but if the race doesn't go ahead its a benefit to him as its looking like a a strong mercedes track. Although I feel like that has been said a few times this season.

I think practice on Friday should be OK. But they may not be able to do anything on Saturday. Hopefully we will get a race on Sunday.

Back