F1 2021

He had the racing line though, the line is on the outside for that corner, Hamilton was on the inside blocking him from taking it through the apex, hence Hamilton went well wide.
We've already had this conversation, but since you're determined to be obtuse about this whole matter, here is what the stewards had to base their decision on.

Having swerved aggressively to the right, Verstappen then veered left.

He was then obliged to leave a cars width at the fast approaching corner.

He steered aggressively towards the apex - which he shouldn't have done - and collided with the understeering Hamilton.

A racing incident in most of the driver's views. A PR punishment in the eyes of the stewards

Red bull still feel aggrieved though so he will have to face any further penalties.
Red Bull can feel as aggrieved as they want, the FIA will say the matter has been dealt with.

Potentially this could come back to bite Red Bull, if a more detailed investigation shows that Max turned in on Lewis, which it should, he could end up with a penalty himself.

Karen Horner's head would explode at that.

Cheaper to hire a lawyer than to develop upgrades! See what they say.

I’m not a Hamilton hater by the way I thought he was bloody fantastic, but I think there’s grounds for further penalties.

Hmmm, go and have a look at some of the f1 threads over the years that I’ve started. No Hamilton hate here.
When was a F1 driver last black flagged for causing an accident? When was last time a retro punishment dished out after penalty in a race?

Red Bull can feel as aggrieved as they want, the FIA will say the matter has been dealt with.

Potentially this could come back to bite Red Bull, if a more detailed investigation shows that Max turned in on Lewis, which it should, he could end up with a penalty himself.

Law of unintended consequences, I’ve worked with lawyers and anything can happen at a hearing, it is a lottery.

Let’s see what happens eh? You’ll not be laughing so much then.
Classification has been released, race result can’t change. There is no appeals process to stewarding penalties given in race once the classification is out. Stop embarrassing yourself, the matter is over whether you agree or not

That would be absolutely hilarious mind. Said it at the time, if Lewis’ was a penalty then Max should be penalised for the same thing into Village

Classification has been released, race result can’t change. There is no appeals process to stewarding penalties given in race once the classification is out. Stop embarrassing yourself, the matter is over whether you agree or not

That would be absolutely hilarious mind. Said it at the time, if Lewis’ was a penalty then Max should be penalised for the same thing into Village
Let’s see what happens

He could be banned from a future race for example
Possibly The Michael, after Jerez 97
This, very similar

Last edited:
You don’t think toto would be doing exactly the same then!?
I don't think they'd be threating legal action.

Incidentally Red Bull and Verstappen have a nerve after the crazy and dangerous manoeuvres Verstappen has pulled in previous races.
Plus Hamilton was slightly ahead for a short time, so should of Verstappen have backed off? Of course not because we are racing here not just going around the track in order and not challenging other racers. It's a dangerous sport and all the drivers know it.

Verstappen came off a lot worse, he’s lucky he wasn’t killed.
Maybe he'll think twice about trying to shut the door on someone at a 160mph corner in future then?
Both Hamilton and Verstappen could have backed out and avoided a collision. Neither did and one came off worse. If this was the other way round would Christine accept having MV's victory erased and banned as they are proposing? If not then he is all hot air for PR purposes
I said F1 would get toxic AF the second there was a real battle on again. Exactly what is happening now. They'll do anything to win.
You don’t think toto would be doing exactly the same then!?
Toto and Horner both push the envelope, but Toto doesn't embarass himself like Horner does. Horner has absolutely not limits. He's a dickhead tbh

Last edited:
As the race has been classified then the best Red Bull can hope for is a future penalty. This won’t happen as it would have to be evidenced that Lewis acted dangerously, had he done so then he could have had points or a ban on his licence

Back