F1 2021

Funny you bring this up. We were talking about airports and covid testing the other day, and I said "now that the studies have shown the lateral flow tests are perfectly sufficient - about 85% as good as PCR - why not just do them at the gate and show the lass at the counter the result"
Then I realised that was quite a sexist comment, but as I went to correct myself, I couldn't resist.

"Not just lasses of course, also gay men"
:lol:

(Edit: somewhat quoted the wrong post, but I'm not changing it)
Aye dont drag me into your mess!!!!

I'm bang on message me.

We have had a woman in F2 recently, Tatiana Calderón raced for Arden in 2019 and is a current test driver for Alfa Romeo, so is currently the front runner to be the next woman to start an F1 race should Kimi or Gio need to miss one.
Whose also racing for the Richard Millie Racing Team in the LMP2 class of the WEC. She more than held her own in the 6 hours of Spa last weekend. Those cars are no pedal cars despite what motor racing fans think about Sportscar racing. They will not be a cinch to drive. Why would a series make a class of racing car so easy to drive it negates all the skill and talent the driver has worked so hard to this point to have?

And my concern with not attracting female drivers is they will see an opening in other disciplines like Touring Cars, GTs or Sportscar racing and they may wonder what the use is in pursuing a career in single seater racing when there is a better opportunity elsewhere.

Whose also racing for the Richard Millie Racing Team in the LMP2 class of the WEC. She more than held her own in the 6 hours of Spa last weekend. Those cars are no pedal cars despite what motor racing fans think about Sportscar racing. They will not be a cinch to drive. Why would a series make a class of racing car so easy to drive it negates all the skill and talent the driver has worked so hard to this point to have?

And my concern with not attracting female drivers is they will see an opening in other disciplines like Touring Cars, GTs or Sportscar racing and they may wonder what the use is in pursuing a career in single seater racing when there is a better opportunity elsewhere.

I know it's not exactly driving - more like hanging on for dear life, but the fastest top fuel dragster driver is a lass - Brittany Force. 338mph is canny fast like. Cornering would be a bit of a challenge like.

It's all down to power to weight ratio.

If you have a woman the same physical size as a man they will not have the same strength.

It's not sexist or chauvinistic, just fact
That's why endurance racing is so good. It isn't so much about physical strength as mental strength. And men and women are on a par in that when you put them in a car other than an F1 car.

There was 6 female drivers in the 6 Hours of Spa race. Tatiana was joined by Sophia Florsch and Beitske Vissier in the all female LMP2 team Richard Mille Racing Team and the Iron Lynx team ran a team under the banner of Iron Dames to race a Ferrari 488 in the GTE-Am class. Katherine Legge, Rahel Frey and Manuela Gostner.
I know it's not exactly driving - more like hanging on for dear life, but the fastest top fuel dragster driver is a lass - Brittany Force. 338mph is canny fast like. Cornering would be a bit of a challenge like.
Wow. The power is probably immense too.

That's why endurance racing is so good. It isn't so much about physical strength as mental strength. And men and women are on a par in that when you put them in a car other than an F1 car.

There was 6 female drivers in the 6 Hours of Spa race. Tatiana was joined by Sophia Florsch and Beitske Vissier in the all female LMP2 team Richard Mille Racing Team and the Iron Lynx team ran a team under the banner of Iron Dames to race a Ferrari 488 in the GTE-Am class. Katherine Legge, Rahel Frey and Manuela Gostner.

Wow. The power is probably immense too.

Aye, about 12,000 bhp. You're doing 100mph in less than a second.

Last edited:
Its nice but utterly pointless. Im not being nasty but that time could be better employed by getting a young (female) driver to experience aguablythe best F1 car ever built.

Imagine the scenes if he stacks it!!!!!!!

Its nice but utterly pointless. Im not being nasty but that time could be better employed by getting a young (female) driver to experience aguablythe best F1 car ever built.

Spur of the moment promise made after his crash. Good to see they follow through with stuff like this. It gives hope to others if they impress. It worked for Lewis with Ron Dennis.

Demo runs before the french gp - nothing more than marketing (not that merc don't get enough of that being at the sharp end of the grid!)

Yeah, I like Romain, even though I never really rated him as an F1 driver.
But I don't see why a team is giving up precious & expensive testing time to someone who's time is gone.

Not when there are juniors who could get something beneficial out of that running time.

Back