F1 2021

Didn't Schumacher regularly have an entire pitstop in hand by the time he changed tyres?
In some seasons yes, particularly in 2004. I remember thinking that 2005 would be a repeat but Renault were a surprise. They’d been fast but not enough to suggest this was coming

Need to see these better - first impression is that they don't 'stand out' or have 'presence' the way we would want, just looks like flashy paint jobs, need to see them circuiting!
In some seasons yes, particularly in 2004. I remember thinking that 2005 would be a repeat but Renault were a surprise. They’d been fast but not enough to suggest this was coming

Thanks for your posts, I knew he had walkover seasons, but equally thought I remembered there was good head to heads in other years. No matter what people's thoughts on Hamilton, surely people want to see some competition...

Last edited:
Need to see these better - first impression is that they don't 'stand out' or have 'presence' the way we would want, just looks like flashy paint jobs, need to see them circuiting!

Thanks for your posts, I knew he had walkover seasons, but equally thought I remembered there was good head to heads in other years. No matter what people's thoughts on Hamilton, surely people want to see some competition...
He did have some competition in 18 and 19 just a pity Vettel blew up once the European races were done with

Ferrari had the fastest car in '17,'18 and arguably '19 (albeit through cheating) but I have no doubt that had Lewis been in that Ferrari he would have won the Championship at least once in those three year, if not all of them. Hamilton can only race what is put in front of him.

There were a few regulation changes that did impede Ferrari. The Bridgestone tyres did not react well to doing a whole race weekend, apart from at Indy as they had the Firestone data to build the correct tyres.

Ferrari's strength was short stints and blitzing away the opposition.

seeing the mention of the boring hamilton seasons, or the schumacher & ferrari era whereas everything in the past was far better... reminds me of these stats that f1 posted on twitter last week for jimmy clark's birthday...

JIM CLARK: F1 STATS 1962-65
Won 50% of starts (19/38)
Won 68% of races he finished (19/28)
Won British GP every season (4 in a row)
Won Belgian GP every season (4 in a row)
Champion in 1963 and 1965
Runner-up in 1962
Denied 1964 title on last lap of the season
JIM CLARK: F1 RACE WINS
8 of his 25 wins were grand slams (32%)
8 of his 25 wins were by 1 minute plus (32%)
2 of those wins were by more than one lap
From P8, Clark won the 1963 Belgian GP by 4:54.0 - one of the greatest drives in F1 history
The stuff of legend Person bowing deeply

Logon or register to see this image

i think that's called domination... the idea of someone finishing almost 5 minutes ahead of the next car... :lol:

I watched the 2007 Bahrain Grand Prix on the F1 channel last night. It gave an early insight into Hamilton's raw pace and talent. The Ferraris were 0.7 seconds ahead of the McLarens in practice and qualifying. Lewis, though, stuck to the gearbox of Massa from start to finish. Left Raikkonen and Alonso for dead. 10 second gap to them after 15 laps.

Felipe was relieved he had such a huge straight line speed advantage. If the advantage was any smaller he would've been left behind in a cloud of sandy dust.

I watched the 2007 Bahrain Grand Prix on the F1 channel last night. It gave an early insight into Hamilton's raw pace and talent. The Ferraris were 0.7 seconds ahead of the McLarens in practice and qualifying. Lewis, though, stuck to the gearbox of Massa from start to finish. Left Raikkonen and Alonso for dead. 10 second gap to them after 15 laps.

Felipe was relieved he had such a huge straight line speed advantage. If the advantage was any smaller he would've been left behind in a cloud of sandy dust.
Same two years back against the Ferrari

Back