F1 2021

I think Alpine would have done a much better job of building for the future by putting Guanyu Zhou in that seat. He looks every bit a star in the making and I'm sure would have brought them a similar level of sponsorship out of China as they're getting for Alonso.

Nobody outside of Europe or possibly South America is likely to buy a Renault.

The Chinese certainly won't and probably know little of Alpines 'heritage'.

Presumably it just about makes sense in the ivory towers of Renault HQ but if Alonso is off the pace he'll be out after 1 season.

It all makes for an interesting season as now that fool Abiteboul has gone and once Brivio beds in they could conceivably challenge for a podium more than twice a season. 🤣

I am a bit bored with the reveals - all the teams play daft games and all the other teams join in spending hours and hours pouring over parts that don’t appear when the cars gets to the grid.

Must be a right chore for the drivers too.

I am a bit bored with the reveals - all the teams play daft games and all the other teams join in spending hours and hours pouring over parts that don’t appear when the cars gets to the grid.

Its all a nonsense really. Who actually cares what the cars look like before the clock starts at pre-season testing?

It’s the football kit reveal of the motorsport world. No content and a good way to sell merchandise

I feel for some engineer who gets called in to the Bosses office and told “we have spotted something on this car and you need to make a similar bit for our car - you’ve got eight days to do it” cue sleepless nights and endless meetings. The pressure must be relentless.

What the fuck?
im guessing that the "cheat" bit of the original case centered around fuel flow, that the fast engine was using a very rich mix which once brought to a level playing field with the others meant it was down on power, ditto last years engine.

they've had 18months and a few tokens to get the engine performing on the same fuel flow as the other teams now?

Terrific news. After years of wishing and hoping we have finally been given the news we have wanted. In 2023 Ferrari will be contesting the World Endurance Championship in an LMH car to run alongside factory teams Toyota, Alpine, Peugeot as well as non-factory outfits Glickenhaus and ByKolles in the LMH category and hopefully in the 2023 Le Mans 24 Hours LMDh factory teams Porsche, Audi and Acura which compete in the IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship as both classes will be eligible. It will be epic to see Ferrari v Porsche in the top class of Sportscar racing.

The slashing of the budget for the F1 teams is at the forefront of the decision to move closer to Sportscar Racing. Who knows. We may even see Ferrari leave F1. I know it is where they made their name since the first ever World Championship in GP racing but they have had terrific success and fame in Endurance Racing. Would they be that much of a miss to Motorsport fans?

im guessing that the "cheat" bit of the original case centered around fuel flow, that the fast engine was using a very rich mix which once brought to a level playing field with the others meant it was down on power, ditto last years engine.

they've had 18months and a few tokens to get the engine performing on the same fuel flow as the other teams now?
I mean, the bit where we have to guess is 90% of the problem here. Turns out the punishment wasn't some behind-closed-doors thing at all, it was actually on the track for every race for 3 teams - 6 of 20 cars! Yet nobody is allowed to know what it was.
It stinks even more now.

Rumours of Williams becoming Alpine's junior team to blood their academy drivers. I'm not convinced that will happen, unless Renault cough up some serious money to replace pay drivers.

Back