F1 2021

I’m not a fan. I think younger drivers should get these seats - we might see exciting new talent emerge.
I think Alpine would have done a much better job of building for the future by putting Guanyu Zhou in that seat. He looks every bit a star in the making and I'm sure would have brought them a similar level of sponsorship out of China as they're getting for Alonso.

O

On the face of it, a far better choice in terms of performance trajectory, history and pedigree, new ownership/investment, Mercedes power, the fact that the team isn't already its own title sponsor. Not to mention the Haas drivers being two rookies, one of which is an absolute bellend and a marketing liability.

Not sure how I feel about a pink Williams though!

Make it white with a splash of pink n it could be nice.

Really wish williams was towards front of the grid, always had a soft spot for them and i don't even know why.

I think Alpine would have done a much better job of building for the future by putting Guanyu Zhou in that seat. He looks every bit a star in the making and I'm sure would have brought them a similar level of sponsorship out of China as they're getting for Alonso.
I am all for seeing young drivers get the nod over owld knackers who "Bring experience". I get their value to the team but F1 needs to focus on the show.

We want wheel banging, late breaking, pit lane agro, re- fueling, close following, tyres that allow racing.

MotoGP has done brilliantly last year with some great races albeit with the reigning champion out of action.

Lets hope F1 can do the same.

It’s natural habitat?

Logon or register to see this image

Re: white rims? The 94/95 Benetton?
am all for seeing young drivers get the nod over owld knackers who "Bring experience". I get their value to the team but F1 needs to focus on the show.
My only beef with alonso is that he’d retired & moved on... I can understand if he’d had a sabbatical for a year but he’d closed the f1 book. This is similar to mansell in the 95 McLaren for me, a chapter of the book we didn’t need... mind, I could easily be wrong and alonso is the only challenge to Lewis & Max...

Last edited:
Great series this, and a lot more decent stories for them to cover than the previous season (which was still a very good watch).

Back