F1 2021

Rumours from Gazette dello sport that F1 are considering delaying the new regs until 2023!!!

Surely not? Think plenty of teams would kick off if that got suggested. McLaren for one - brand new engine deal that was supposed to tie in with the new regs and ending up stuck with a car they're not allowed to develop properly around the new engine. Haas would probably pull the plug too as it would condemn them to a further season with a total dog of a car.

Surely not? Think plenty of teams would kick off if that got suggested. McLaren for one - brand new engine deal that was supposed to tie in with the new regs and ending up stuck with a car they're not allowed to develop properly around the new engine. Haas would probably pull the plug too as it would condemn them to a further season with a total dog of a car.
I can't imagine Ferrari wanting it either, another year stuck in the midfield.

And also McLaren are really moving up in the world. They have the option of going to join Formula E in 2022 and they are also have an IndyCar. I just think they will see any delay in the new regulations, that I hope will breathe new life into F1 and finally make it an open series where anyone can win on any day and isn't a series where it's dominated by one driver, as hampering progress.

Last edited:
I’ve never even heard of that. What is it and is it televised?

It’s going to be better I think than the WEC. The same idea of a multi class field of prototype cars and GT cars. Both GTE and GT3.

It seems to have a far bigger field in each class.

I don’t know when it is but the current DPs (Daytona Prototype) are going to be phased out in favour of LMDh. Le Mans Daytona Hybrid. Hybrid prototype cars that will complete at Le Mans with the LMH cars. It’s like IndyCars and F1 cars competing in the same race.

The Rolex 24 hours at Daytona will be on the IMSA website but the IMSA YouTube channel will also put the race on in 4 parts. Quality is very good.

His Da was never good enough to destroy any of his teammates! Maybe that's why he encourages it

Yes, it's possible there is a bit of that.

They both appear to be well served with the ars*hole gene
When does the season start?

It's looking like another thrown together set of races.

I can see the schedule operating a bit of flex over the course of season.

Last edited:
There's a rumour started doing the rounds that the hold up with Lewis's contract is because he wants George Russell as his teammate for this season.

Probably bollocks, but he always says he wants to have more competition, and this would certainly give him some.

There's a rumour started doing the rounds that the hold up with Lewis's contract is because he wants George Russell as his teammate for this season.

Probably bollocks, but he always says he wants to have more competition, and this would certainly give him some.
That certainly would make things interesting

Back