F1 2021

Mclaren have announced they have an option to join the formula-e championship in the next year or two...

That was my first thought actually. Makes the engine deal more acceptable to both parties now. Renault will 100% want to make some money from selling their engines, surely?
might be a daft question, does anyone know if the alpine rebrand is just the f1 team (ie. the old benetton team) or both the f1 team & the renault sport engine operation? ie. will it be an alpine powered by renault next season?

might be a daft question, does anyone know if the alpine rebrand is just the f1 team (ie. the old benetton team) or both the f1 team & the renault sport engine operation? ie. will it be an alpine powered by renault next season?
I think its just the F1 name they're going to use for a bit, to help re-launch Alpine as a major brand under the Renault umbrella.

Last edited:
Few changes to calendar.

Season starts in Bahrain on 28th March, then a 3 week break until race 2 in Imola!

Australia moved to 21st November with Brazil, Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia all changing dates too. Season ends 12th December.

they're going to have one single pre-season test in Bahrain on March 12-14, don't assume much will have changed between then & the young driver test.

Grosjean hand injuries.

Ouch! 😬

perhaps perez will wipe the floor with him and really take it to hamilton...

he won't in my humble one...

I can see Perez having greater mental toughness due to his experience.

If he can get within a couple of tenths consistently and then follow through with strong race pace that will be his job done.

Max needs to stop trying to destroy his team mate, it's immature and his Da should know better for encouraging it.

Last edited:
perhaps perez will wipe the floor with him and really take it to hamilton...

he won't in my humble one...
I think Max knows he needs to finish more races and I am sure he will do that.

I just think Merc will have refined their car even more for 2021 and I suspect Red Bull will have been unable to close the gap. Perhaps its an unwillingness to move away from the basic Newey design principles?

Back