F1 2021

Aus have done a good job in securing borders and stamping out transmission haven't they?
They have a history for it, so presumably. Not sure why it got onto the provisional calendar then. Not a lot has changed between then & now imho.
Albon is confirmed for a red bull sponsored DTM GT3 program this year...

Last edited:

They have a history for it, so presumably. Not sure why it got onto the provisional calendar then. Not a lot has changed between then & now imho.
Albon is confirmed for a red bull sponsored DTM GT3 program this year...
Good to see him still in competitive racing. GT3 might allow his more adventurous moves some latitude.

Sad for Melbourne if cancellation is confirmed but not surprised considering they'll want to keep rates there low and protect from outsiders importing it in.

Wonder if stomach is there for another Bahrain double header (put another race there in place of Melbourne) - all likely daft thinking as impossible to predict future local covid restrictions months in advance.

Just hope we can get going again in decent time this year.....

Last edited:
Sad for Melbourne if cancellation is confirmed but not surprised considering they'll want to keep rates there low and protect from outsiders importing it in.

Wonder if stomach is there for another Bahrain double header (put another race there in place of Melbourne) - all likely daft thinking as impossible to predict future local covid restrictions.

The outer curcuit at Bahrain might get another outing?

Hamilton is without doubt the biggest draw in F1. His ethnicity and environmental credentials send the right message for Mercedes to be “on message”

He has proven he can be consistently successful.

But his demands on the team are high. I think it is inconceivable they will not pay it to retain him.

We will see soon enough.

At least f1 has shown its flexibility in putting a season on. I’m not too concerned about the rump of the season in the summer eurozone period, but the flyaway races are the questionable ones.

still don’t what’s changed a rule out the Aussie GP, if it is just a hyper sensitive government oz then the other races like China may happen (think japan is just as jumpy as oz though). I’m gonna presume the uk COVID-19 strain is the issue, with so many being uk based.
Good to see him still in competitive racing. GT3 might allow his more adventurous moves some latitude.
Not sure what the dtm will be like this season, still very much up in the air I believe. Plus, ability to put races may be tricky. Albon to race when not on reserve driver duties (at least Perez should be less of an issue!).

Last edited:
Sorry about the source, however, are Wiliams finally becoming the Mercedes B team?

I remember Claire Williams absolutely ruling it out in 2019. I imagine her and Frank’s leaving had a lot to do with the direction the new owners were looking for.

I hope it brings them some success - it’s well over due for a team with such a rich heritage.

Saw a programme about Alan Jones the other night - described as a mans man. Not averse to lamping people who displeased him!

See lando has tested covid+ while out in Dubai - no major symptoms bar loss of taste/smell...

and in other news, his former team mate sainz seems to have been dragged into a minor rascism twitter meltdown over the family karting venue in Spain (an advert involving the three wisemen of which one is in black face)... sainz snr & jnr may have borderline previous from what I read.

Well the first line of that is a load of shit.
States it’ll make it easier to sign Russell. He’s a Merc driver already

seems it’s the gearbox & transmission that Williams are most keen to get their hands on...

See lando has tested covid+ while out in Dubai - no major symptoms bar loss of taste/smell...

and in other news, his former team mate sainz seems to have been dragged into a minor rascism twitter meltdown over the family karting venue in Spain (an advert involving the three wisemen of which one is in black face)... sainz snr & jnr may have borderline previous from what I read.

seems it’s the gearbox & transmission that Williams are most keen to get their hands on...
They’d be better getting the hands on the W-11 chassis

Williams just needs to get this next season over and done with as easily as possible - might as well just buy everything and use their own staff to work on the 2022 regs.

if i read it right, the gearbox they're buying from merc will only appear on the '22 car?
Oh right. Ah well. Still the same I suppose. Until you are at least midfield, you might as well focus on specific areas (such as aero) and become "amongst the best at what you DO do". No shame in buying bits from other teams imo

Back