F1 2021

I agree, once he holds the record what has he got left to prove and why take the risk that the Merc might not be as good under the 2022 rules

Then it surely shows Lewis Hamilton to be a fair weather driver by all accounts reading that last bit. A driver only happy so long as he’s winning and in the strongest car. In a weaker Mercedes he would have to fight and overtake drivers and he may not actually come 1st.

Which can only be a good thing for the credibility of F1. Hopefully in 2022 we will see their dominance end and a more open season where we could have a ratio of winners:races of something like 6 different winners in the first 8 races like we are used to seeing in the BTCC. If we do then F1 may be worth watching for something other than how Mercedes use tyres or seeing Ferrari low down and struggling. We may see F1 fans treated to something new called overtaking. And a genuine open contest.

I've heard quite a few reports that Daimler are causing some real problems with the contract negotiations for Lewis. Apparently he wants a 4 year deal and they're not prepared to commit to that long.

If true, it would fit more with what Lewis says about always wanting better racing by wanting 3 years with the new regulations.

New thread.

So what do we think this year?

I’m sticking my neck out and going for a Merc and Lewis double with Max second in the championship.

Looking on skybet Russell is 33/1, looks like they’re hedging their bets.

Oh and Silverstone tickets bought for me and the old man for 2021 so hopefully this madness is all over we have a full season and we can all play out at some point
F1 is tedious
The last one has just finished and people going in about this years
Just watch the last 5 years it will be exactly the same

New thread.

So what do we think this year?

I’m sticking my neck out and going for a Merc and Lewis double with Max second in the championship.

Looking on skybet Russell is 33/1, looks like they’re hedging their bets.

Oh and Silverstone tickets bought for me and the old man for 2021 so hopefully this madness is all over we have a full season and we can all play out at some point

Sir Hamilton 8th wdc and becomes the undisputed GOAT - this forum/Daily Mail types have yet another meltdown over it.

Alonso to be regularly berating the Renault team over the radio by mid season, in the process making himself look like even more of a money grabbing t*** than he already is. He'll leave F1 for good after this year.

McLaren to finish constructors in 3rd, and get a race win.

Got a feeling Aston Martin / old hat Racing Point will either have a very impressive year or a stinker.

Mick Schumacher to spank his Russian t*** of a team mate all over on the track.

F1 is tedious
The last one has just finished and people going in about this years
Just watch the last 5 years it will be exactly the same

The trick is to just accept it as it is. I do. Don’t get hopes up. That’s why I have other things.

But any thread about other racing genres would just not get off the ground sadly. Nobody would be interested in replying to it. If I started the thread anyway. It would be different if it was someone else perhaps. Yet they all have good things going for it.

McLaren to finish constructors in 3rd, and get a race win.
I've been wondering if McLaren have got on it enough, that their big engine upgrade actually pushes them into Red Bull territory.

Remind me, have Red Bull got Honda next year, or was that their last season?

I've been wondering if McLaren have got on it enough, that their big engine upgrade actually pushes them into Red Bull territory.

Remind me, have Red Bull got Honda next year, or was that their last season?

I hope it does propel them forwards.

Yeah last season with Honda engines for Red Bull.
You can always get cheap tickets for Monaco if you are willing to sit on the hill.

The hotel we stayed in Nice was a fortune.

They all put their prices up.

I nearly got on a boat one year but got let down as I was not important enough.

Spa was £85 each iirc when I went in 2015 for the full weekend, Budapest 2019 £65 each for the full weekend. Only done Silverstone them aside.

For the best viewing experience out of the 3 for me it was Spa easily - a very very pretty location and track. Budapest had the best atmosphere mind - loads of good mannered Poles and Czechs turned out and were chanting for Kubica as if it was a footy match, was class! They also were very sporting to Hamilton and most gave him a fantastic reception after he hunted down and caught Verstappen for the win. Budapest also a fantastic city and we did a good bit of pottering on the Friday (didn't go to Friday practice at the track) and on the Monday after the race.

Would love to do Monaco and Monza in some future years.

Last edited:

Spa was £85 each iirc when I went in 2015 for the full weekend, Budapest 2019 £65 each for the full weekend. Only done Silverstone them aside.

For the best viewing experience out of the 3 for me it was Spa easily - a very very pretty location and track. Budapest had the best atmosphere mind - loads of good mannered Poles and Czechs turned out and were chanting for Kubica as if it was a footy match, was class! They also were very sporting to Hamilton and most gave him a fantastic reception after he hunted down and caught Verstappen for the win. Budapest also a fantastic city and we did a good bit of pottering on the Friday (didn't go to Friday practice at the track) and on the Monday after the race.

I've not done Spa but my experience of Budapest was very similar on the 2 occasions I've been. I discovered last time that I could have watched Friday practice from the Aquarena water park behind turn 6, wish I had done that instead of slowly cooking inside the circuit.

I went for a pits straight ticket which was around €250 right opposite the podium and level with pole position. Cracking value and a great view right out to the back of the circuit.

My son really wants to go to a race soon, so we're hoping we can last minute this one.

That's cheap, is that grass banking? I paid $460 for turn 9 grandstand at COTA in 2018, including two days parking (couldn't make the Friday as I was working in Chicago).

Worth every penny mind. Kimiiiiiiiiii

I've not done Spa but my experience of Budapest was very similar on the 2 occasions I've been. I discovered last time that I could have watched Friday practice from the Aquarena water park behind turn 6, wish I had done that instead of slowly cooking inside the circuit.

I went for a pits straight ticket which was around €250 right opposite the podium and level with pole position. Cracking value and a great view right out to the back of the circuit.

My son really wants to go to a race soon, so we're hoping we can last minute this one.

Aye cracking Budapest. We were just general admission but managed to nab a spot on race day at that grass bank on the last corner.
That's cheap, is that grass banking? I paid $460 for turn 9 grandstand at COTA in 2018, including two days parking (couldn't make the Friday as I was working in Chicago).

Worth every penny mind. Kimiiiiiiiiii

Yeah was just the general admission grassy parts.

Aye cracking Budapest. We were just general admission but managed to nab a spot on race day at that grass bank on the last corner.

Yeah was just the general admission grassy parts.
That was lucky to get a spot as good as that. What time did you have to arrive to manage that? A Hungarian friend of mine told me she had to get in as the gates opened at 3am to get to an area like that.

That was lucky to get a spot as good as that. What time did you have to arrive to manage that? A Hungarian friend of mine told me she had to get in as the gates opened at 3am to get to an area like that.

We got in about 7am, down the front was all full, still packed in like sardines a bit further up where we were mind. Could see almost the entire 2nd half of the circuit and also the main start/finish straight.

Was class like but next GP I'm definitely getting a grandstand seat to save on the chew on carrying camping chairs about all day and jockying for a decent position.

Looks like Hamilton has rejected a deal from Mercedes. The express is reporting he wants over £35m + 10% of mercs championship money if they win constructors (which was £130m last year) and a AMG one. His last demand is that his role goes beyond just being a driver. I assume that one is how he plans on making F1 more diverse and environmentally sustainable.

He could just be holding out for as long as possible in the hope Mercedes will get a bit nervous and give him everything he wants but surely nobody else can offer him a seat? Even if they could afford £35m+

I think bottas being so bad Is helping him as I'm not sure him or Russell would be able to handle verstappen as well next year.

Looks like Hamilton has rejected a deal from Mercedes. The express is reporting he wants over £35m + 10% of mercs championship money if they win constructors (which was £130m last year) and a AMG one. His last demand is that his role goes beyond just being a driver. I assume that one is how he plans on making F1 more diverse and environmentally sustainable.

He could just be holding out for as long as possible in the hope Mercedes will get a bit nervous and give him everything he wants but surely nobody else can offer him a seat? Even if they could afford £35m+

I think bottas being so bad Is helping him as I'm not sure him or Russell would be able to handle verstappen as well next year.
The Express? I think I’ll wait for Toto/Lewis’ statement, that rag has form when it comes to Hamilton.

and it begins.
I don’t see what the difference between now & March 20 is, other than the experience the circus has of its operating bubble. More than likely very few of the long hauls happen.

have they said what it is specifically putting the Aussie GP off? The new strains of covid perhaps?

Read today that Daimler don't want to pay the wages Lewis is asking for
They can make him a low offer, he can go and drive a shit car and get laughed at if he thinks otherwise
I don’t see what the difference between now & March 20 is, other than the experience the circus has of its operating bubble. More than likely very few of the long hauls happen.

have they said what it is specifically putting the Aussie GP off? The new strains of covid perhaps?
Australian government are shit scared of COVID and foreigners

I don’t see what the difference between now & March 20 is, other than the experience the circus has of its operating bubble. More than likely very few of the long hauls happen. have they said what it is specifically putting the Aussie GP off? The new strains of covid perhaps?
I imagine it comes down to money? No fans until vaccinations are far enough along by the time of the GP? Aus have done a good job in securing borders and stamping out transmission haven't they?

Back