F1 2021

Anyone seen “Queen of Speed” on Sky yet? Great documentary about Michele Mouton. What a talent she is. Scarcely believable that there hasn’t been another comparable female rally driver since.

that scene in drive to survive where grosjean's wife rolls her eyes... ive just done that:

not yet, would you recommend it? worth seeking it out?
Yeah it’s really good. I have to admit I’d heard of her but didn’t really know anything about her. Ironically I realised I’d known more about her co-driver Fabrizia Pons as she was still co-driving when I got into rallying in the late 90s.

Watching as the American blokes tried to slow her down on Pikes Peak in 85 and her not giving a fuck is superb. At one point she does a Scandinavian flick and the back wheel is almost off the side of the road :eek:

Its funny to see how many fans were happy with the Yas Marina circuit changes until this new Hamilton engine and now they are kicking off saying they’ve changed it to a merc track

Looks like I'll miss the entire weekend. Got loads of stuff on this weekend, and then once that's done I have to rebuild a massive stretch of fence and its going to be a total nightmare.

It’s been the definition of ‘looks great drives shit’ since it opened sadly…
Exactly. Problem is there’s only so much change you can make with a street circuit like that. So the changes they have are probably not far from the limit. Hopefully it has a reasonable impact on the quality of the race. Never been sure why it never worked as looking at it, there should be overtaking chances

Looks like I'll miss the entire weekend. Got loads of stuff on this weekend, and then once that's done I have to rebuild a massive stretch of fence and its going to be a total nightmare.
I will miss qualifying as I'll be on a plane somwhere over China, but the race will be a few hours of very welcome entertainment on Sunday as I sit quarantined in a hotel room in Seoul... a swish one mind ;)

Installed Sky Go on my work laptop and fingers crossed the work VPN will allow me to play SSF1 there! Otherwise it'll be BBC live text and you chumps!

I will miss qualifying as I'll be on a plane somwhere over China, but the race will be a few hours of very welcome entertainment on Sunday as I sit quarantined in a hotel room in Seoul... a swish one mind ;)

Installed Sky Go on my work laptop and fingers crossed the work VPN will allow me to play SSF1 there! Otherwise it'll be BBC live text and you chumps!
It'll be more up to date on here most likely.

Is it possible that Hamilton could win the title by 1 point?

Random thought but imagine if he crosses the line with a fastest lap in the final race to go one point ahead, only for Perez to have boxed on the penultimate lap and take the point off him giving max the title.

Or vice versa with Bottas

Is it possible that Hamilton could win the title by 1 point?

Random thought but imagine if he crosses the line with a fastest lap in the final race to go one point ahead, only for Perez to have boxed on the penultimate lap and take the point off him giving max the title.

Or vice versa with Bottas

Reckon they could engineer it so that the other second driver could slow down etc. enough to mess up the others lap

Back