F1 2021

And that’s true but it’s not just folding, don’t think he even used the available DRS
He didn't, well not until max had passed then he opened it. There is a series of photo's that show Gazly's wing closed until the moment max passes then he opens it.

I cant believe I’m saying this but Bottas is one of the best racing drivers in the world. There I said it, now here comes the but…….

But despite his obvious pace my issue is his overtaking prowess.

He takes too long to pass people and does not defend hard enough.

Apart from not taking any points from Max by getting ahead of him now and then, Bottas is generally so far behind that Red Bull have a free pit stop to collect the fastest lap point at the end almost every time.

He's still ahead of Perez in the Championship which possibly says more about Checo, but then Bottas has been in that car for years and this is Perez's first season in that RB. Either way, they are both clearly second drivers compared to Max and Hamilton.
Logon or register to see this image

Bottle reckons he had a different setup than Hamilton at the weekend.

Nothing unusual about that, they’ll nearly always be different due to anything from driver preference to parts availability

Bottle reckons he had a different setup than Hamilton at the weekend.

So that was why he keeps leaving massive gaps for Max to exploit at the start of races, his car spec!

Down the back straight at Abu Dhabi.....

On the last lap......

With him in the lead at the time.

Being serious though, I just hope if a DNF does decide the championship, it's not because of the 2 of them crashing into each other/taking each other out, because it would forever cast a shadow over what's been a fantastic championship.
Absolutely…tbf i am sure Lewis and Max too will not want to win the title in that way or any other way that can prompt the “what if” Questions
If it’s level / almost level going into Abu Dhabi I can see a coming together happening in the same vein as Schumacher / Hill at Adelaide ‘94.

This championship goes beyond the professional rivalry of Max and Lewis, the hatred (maybe a strong word) / general bitterness between RB and Merc at senior team level is boiling over to levels not seen between two teams in years.

I just have the feeling something crap / naughty on track to decide the WDC will happen…

I predict Red Bull using the Alpha Tauris as mobile chicanes too very much like Ferrari ordered Fontana in the Ferrari powered Sauber at Jerez in ‘97 to block Villeneuve.

i hope you are wrong ….wwiw i just cant see Hamilton doing anything naughty even if he really had to , despite some of the moves Max has pulled on him…..i think LH is a sportsman and will want to win in the right way…..particularly when that record breaking accolade is going to come with the title win this year
im pretty sure that's why hamilton has been so keen to big him up all season - if he could get bottas up next to him and take points away from max then it gives the team a fighting chance.
Absolutely agree….but Lewis is all about the team as well as himself…..he will certainly give credit to Valterie if Bottas can help him achievehisown goal…he always has in the past

Last edited:
I'm assuming both teams given the money behind them would sacrifice the constructors title for the drivers championship. i.e. hypothetically if Max tries and fails to torpedo Lewis in Dubai but takes himself out and Lewis just needs to get back into the top 10 to take the title i guess Mercedes would order Bottas into the pits or something even if he was leading. just thinking really as i know that's a really really unlikely scenario. Bottas leading that is

Back