F1 2021

Would think you lot had never watched an F1 season before in your lives… lots of twists to happen just yet lads, hang on in there. Not ideal but it’s only 12 points and only takes one moment to flip that on it’s head completely.

The merc was clearly unsettled a lot by the bumpy nature of the track which affected their speed, they’ll have more pace at other races. And for every bit of red bull dominance at Mexico, it should swing back to merc at Jeddah.

And red bulls engine failure means that max is having to do 20 races on 3 engines, won’t be an easy ask towards the end of the season and reliability will have its part to play still
It's definitely possible and 12 points is nothing. Let's not forget Lewis lost a 17 point lead with 2 races to go in his first season, and that was on the old system.

What I would say is that yesterday felt like a significant "away win" for Red Bull at a circuit where Merc would be expected to win. With Mexico and Brazil likely to favour RBR, Qatar and Saudi unknown and Abu Dhabi about even, Red Bull and Max definitely have the advantage.

As Murray Walker once said "Anything can happen in F1, and it usually does"

Long way to go, without a DNF in hand it is absolutely wide open, without wishing to be a killjoy I can't help feeling part of the reason for such a close race for the championship is the complexity of the tyres this year, coming in and out in phases keeps everyone guessing, they destroy calculated strategies. It's not a good feature and can't be great PR, but is is a great battle. It now appears to be MV's to lose, but mechnical and crashes can still play a massive part. I thought it was interesting how calmly LH accepted the defeat, a while back he would have been furious with the team for 'getting it wrong'. I think it would be good to break the Mercedes dominance, shake things up a bit. McLaren looking like replacing Ferrari as the third team in this period.

Long way to go, without a DNF in hand it is absolutely wide open, without wishing to be a killjoy I can't help feeling part of the reason for such a close race for the championship is the complexity of the tyres this year, coming in and out in phases keeps everyone guessing, they destroy calculated strategies. It's not a good feature and can't be great PR, but is is a great battle. It now appears to be MV's to lose, but mechnical and crashes can still play a massive part. I thought it was interesting how calmly LH accepted the defeat, a while back he would have been furious with the team for 'getting it wrong'. I think it would be good to break the Mercedes dominance, shake things up a bit. McLaren looking like replacing Ferrari as the third team in this period.
Ferrari seem to have improved a lot recently.
Perez seems to be getting better just as Max needs a wingman too.
They said he'd stopped using Max's setups and instead he's setting the car up to suit himself.

They said he'd stopped using Max's setups and instead he's setting the car up to suit himself.
This made me laugh can just imagine the team meeting, after spending millions on everything from aerodynamics to shaving grams off components, then half way through a season, someone pipes up with could just setup the car for him rather than the other driver. Genius buy that man/woman a pint.

This made me laugh can just imagine the team meeting, after spending millions on everything from aerodynamics to shaving grams off components, then half way through a season, someone pipes up with could just setup the car for him rather than the other driver. Genius buy that man/woman a pint.
I think they tend to push the Max route on everyone as "max knows best" etc.

The car is designed around max. Perez has no future so why compromise design principles- if he can’t drive it they can dump him and try someone else

Oped in Saturday's Chronicle

haha, those nicotine pouches :lol:

We were on holiday mid-September in Spain, and we were told about a place that did a hotel style breakfast - so we took the bairns and had a really nice start to the day (for my birthday).
We were pretty much done, but the missus thought she's try the cheese stuff that was in the fridge.

Took the (insane) packaging off the stuff, opened the box and inside were these papery covered pillow-shaped things - the shape they did those "clean your teeth" chewing gums years ago. Just about to hand them round the kids and I thought I should google it. Bloody Scandanvia's number one nicotine pouch brand :lol:
Quickly hoyed the lot!

I want lewis to win it, but I think max will actually do it. Despite the fact I’m not keen on Max I do think he is a superb driver.

But we will see ..........

If you are putting money each way then I'd say you are quid's in.

But I hope all that changes in 2022. I hope the new car will bring most of the field closer together in terms of range to attack or defend a position. I think F1 will be epic in 2022 if that happens. I love the idea of the plucky David taking on the mighty Goliath. And that is exactly what I would love for teams like McLaren, Ferrari, Aston Martin and Alpine to be - plucky. Determined and courageous in the face of difficulties. Despite the disadvantages of not having the best package or biggest budget they use what they have to best effect to certainly not make it easy and maybe even pull of a surprise or two. I am not asking for Williams to be given a rocket ship to attach to the back of the car or some major advantage like some believe I want. I just dream of having the teams like Aston Martin up their game. That's all it would take for my scenarios I mention below to happen. What is so wrong with that?

Nothing would make me happier than to see Lewis after starting 5th be chased and chased hard by someone like Ocon or Tsunoda. Or Max, who in the lead, has to fend of two other drivers in the last 3 laps of the race. What a spectacle would F1 make.

Other motorsport championships are very open. You cannot tell from one week to the next who will win. But F1 is sadly like a lot of other sports. It is dependent on having one or two top guys ruling. And that is OK. So long as they don't have it all their own way all the time.

Roll on F1 2022.

If you are putting money each way then I'd say you are quid's in.

But I hope all that changes in 2022. I hope the new car will bring most of the field closer together in terms of range to attack or defend a position. I think F1 will be epic in 2022 if that happens. I love the idea of the plucky David taking on the mighty Goliath. And that is exactly what I would love for teams like McLaren, Ferrari, Aston Martin and Alpine to be - plucky. Determined and courageous in the face of difficulties. Despite the disadvantages of not having the best package or biggest budget they use what they have to best effect to certainly not make it easy and maybe even pull of a surprise or two. I am not asking for Williams to be given a rocket ship to attach to the back of the car or some major advantage like some believe I want. I just dream of having the teams like Aston Martin up their game. That's all it would take for my scenarios I mention below to happen. What is so wrong with that?

Nothing would make me happier than to see Lewis after starting 5th be chased and chased hard by someone like Ocon or Tsunoda. Or Max, who in the lead, has to fend of two other drivers in the last 3 laps of the race. What a spectacle would F1 make.

Other motorsport championships are very open. You cannot tell from one week to the next who will win. But F1 is sadly like a lot of other sports. It is dependent on having one or two top guys ruling. And that is OK. So long as they don't have it all their own way all the time.

Roll on F1 2022.
Ferrari plucky. They’ve got the biggest budget in F1 they just keep f***ing up the design of the car 😂

Back