F1 2021

Aye people need to stop engaging with the two of these idiots trying to ruin the thread.

Sayonara.

Now I have the least important person in my life out of the way a mega 4th from Charlie. If you said a Ferrari would be 4th I would have deleted your post. Just behind the RBRs and ahead of Hamilton of all people. Anyone who finishes ahead of him has done something very special. Onward and upward. Hopefully the same or better soon.

Last edited:

A shout out to Perez too. The unfancied underdogs certainly had their day. I can’t wait to see the race. Bottas, Ferrari, Leclerc and Perez all got things from the race nobody expected them to get.

See. F1 can see a very interesting mix of finishers each time if they want. It doesn’t always have to be Verstappen and Hamilton in the top 2 every time. Now isn’t that much more interesting and better? And if more of the other teams can up their game (and not have races handed to them as people are saying I want) and show more fight as well as have a good package F1 will fly.

Brilliant race. I can’t wait to see it.

Last edited:
Easy to judge Merc's calls as overly cautious in hindsight but it could easily have become China 2007 without a stop, particularly how hard Hamilton had pushed his tyres early on.

Pitting when they told him would probably have left him, what, fourth, outside chance of third... maybe. When he pitted was probably the worst possible time... like I say though, hindsight...

Last edited:
Sayonara.

Now I have the least important person in my life out of the way a mega 4th from Charlie. If you said a Ferrari would be 4th I would have deleted your post. Just behind the RBRs and ahead of Hamilton of all people. Anyone who finishes ahead of him has done something very special. Onward and upward. Hopefully the same or better soon.

In the last two GP’s a Ferrari finished in both 3rd and 4th?

"Pete, this is Toto. Don't tell Lewis to come in, people will bring up the Final Solution". :rolleyes:
They withdrew Mercedes from motor racing in the 90s after the CLRs crashed at Le Mans.

They are very risk averse.

The 1955 Mercedes Le Mans crash is still the worst accident in motor racing, and I hope that’s a record that’s never broken!

That’s why he had to pit today but obviously they can’t say all that in a short radio chat. Characters like Dieter Zetsche when he was there, and the merc old boys don’t tolerate recklessness.

Bet the mercedes board WhatsApp and totos phone was ganning mental.

They withdrew Mercedes from motor racing in the 90s after the CLRs crashed at Le Mans.

They are very risk averse.

The 1955 Mercedes Le Mans crash is still the worst accident in motor racing, and I hope that’s a record that’s never broken!

That’s why he had to pit today but obviously they can’t say all that in a short radio chat. Characters like Dieter Zetsche when he was there, and the merc old boys don’t tolerate recklessness.

Bet the mercedes board WhatsApp and totos phone was ganning mental.

Whats that got to do with WW2?

Back