F1 2021

And if a team could get a female racing, imagine the publicity and sponsorship deals ... Would be a golden egg

As a Max fan . I think/hope that on full tanks and a hot track that the cars will rip through both soft and medium at a fair rate. Anything else and it's all in mercs hand. Can't see max passing 2 side by side mercs on the start. I have a feeling they are running the crashed engine still from 2 weeks ago as they knew Merc would be quicker anyway this weekend.
Those soft tyres will be done in 8 or 9 laps if it's like yesterday.

The life of the mediums is the $64000 question...

Verstappen start is key to an interesting race.

If Hamilton or Bottas get comfy in clear air they may do 20+ laps and then it's a procession.

You are right on this one, merc have all the cards atm and red bull need a strategy leveller here - red bull 2 stopping but merc 1 stopping is the ultimate kick in the teeth for max but looks increasingly likely as the rain chance decreases, which would take even 2nd place away from him you’d think. This track isn’t the kindest on its tyres. I do think merc should be able to shut max out at the start with some teamwork and good positioning of the cars, provided both get a decent enough getaway.

Whilst I think there’ll be a coming together again I don’t think it’ll be this race.
Monza might be fun at the first chicane

Probably the one race of the year where I don’t want rain. A nice easy merc 1-2 will do nicely to give Lewis a nice little championship lead heading into the break, and would rattle max for 4 weeks

I’m torn between entertainment and wanting to win
There'll be plenty of entertainment later in the season with such a close championship, Lewis winning today would help get the right result at the end of it all. Karen Horner's reaction would also be fairly entertaining.

Just caught quali. Some interesting tactics from Mercedes. Not sure they would have done that had redbull/max not made the comments they have made in the last 2 weeks.
That out lap was 4s faster than his previous one.
Not F1 and seen it mentioned anywhere else but sad news coming from Brands Hatch today with a Marshall being killed
Absolutely awful news.
Steward safety always concerns me. The fact they aren't paid, insured, looked after seems wrong to me

Williams should give their development drivers more seat time, like the reigning W series champion & winner yesterday …

Logon or register to see this image
Iirc f3 is faster than w series.
Not sure w series drivers are ready to test f1 cars in p1
There was a nasty shunt at Spa 24hr too

Reminiscent of the one that cost young Hubert his life
Was that aitken?
Just saw him in hospital looks OK though

Last edited:

Back