F1 2021

Red Bull have replaced a few parts to Max’s engine as allowed under the regs and will run the salvaged engine in FP1 to test viability as a race engine. Doesn’t sound promising, as it needs to do another 4-5 races, so likely to be an engine penalty at some point - presumably Spa

There are certain unwritten rules in F1 whereby any party who suffered most in a two car incident may expect the other party to be moderately penalised at the next race.

This became a defacto accepted practice from time to time in the past but, importantly, this was prior to the penalty structure being as clearly laid out as it is in modern F1.

It would appear Red Bull are angling after something like a grid penalty, although Marko again hinted at a race ban yesterday.

If they're really pushing for another penalty get ready for more faux Horner indignation if F1 tell him to go and take a running jump.

Red Bull have replaced a few parts to Max’s engine as allowed under the regs and will run the salvaged engine in FP1 to test viability as a race engine. Doesn’t sound promising, as it needs to do another 4-5 races, so likely to be an engine penalty at some point - presumably Spa

Interesting. Please tell me how you know about this. About pretty much everything that is going on in F1 right now.

Interesting. Please tell me how you know about this. About pretty much everything that is going on in F1 right now.
Looks like there’s some new evidence come to light
Like Ferrari had after Canada? A lawyer has looked at ‘evidence’ and found some ‘quirks’ Sounds like a long shot to me.

Last edited:

Back