F1 2021

Do you think MV should have had a penalty for his weaving, or what he did at Imola when Lewis decided to back out?
It wasn't just weaving, at times it was blocking and it was right before the braking zone too - don't forget it was Max who pushed Lewis to the inside at Copse, where he was going faster due to the drag and if you don't go for a gap........

I'm really surprised the weaving was allowed.
#Its not fair#

:lol:
He had the racing line though, the line is on the outside for that corner, Hamilton was on the inside blocking him from taking it through the apex, hence Hamilton went well wide.
You could say that about every time someone overtakes on the inside.
The inside is never the racing line, but its almost always how you pass on a corner.

I can't believe I've had to actually write that down.
Don’t get the hate for red bull, a fantastic team with an academy that has brought many good drivers into the sport, multiple title winners, a fantastic asset for the sport.
Mostly the way Horner goes on. Like a total arsehole.
Other than that, RB is a pretty decent, if slightly rutheless, team.
Let’s see what happens eh? You’ll not be laughing so much then.
If race results can be changed a week after the race is over, absolutely nobody will be laughing, because the entire sport will be forever damaged.

Last edited:

Hmmm, go and have a look at some of the f1 threads over the years that I’ve started. No Hamilton hate here.
I did what you suggested. So no hate, other than saying he should get a braying?

It's not even remotely similar, Schumacher used his car to try and put Villeneuve in the wall, Lewis attempted to overtake Verstappen.
Are you sure you know about this sport?
And there was a previous occasion that the sport most-likely realised they made a mistake with, when he took Hill out on purpose. Which should also have been a huge penalty.
Schumacher was a cheating bastard at times.

Lewis has always been a fairly clean racer with the odd blip now and again. If that had been anyone other than Max, they would have taken the space to the left and everyone would have said it was a great move. But Max had already set his stall with all the weaving and blocking going into the corner, he was in "block at all costs" mode.

I did what you suggested. So no hate, other than saying he should get a braying?

Verstappen should have lamped him like
It wasn't just weaving, at times it was blocking and it was right before the braking zone too - don't forget it was Max who pushed Lewis to the inside at Copse, where he was going faster due to the drag and if you don't go for a gap........

I'm really surprised the weaving was allowed.

#Its not fair#

:lol:

You could say that about every time someone overtakes on the inside.
The inside is never the racing line, but its almost always how you pass on a corner.

I can't believe I've had to actually write that down.

Mostly the way Horner goes on. Like a total arsehole.
Other than that, RB is a pretty decent, if slightly rutheless, team.

If race results can be changed a week after the race is over, absolutely nobody will be laughing, because the entire sport will be forever damaged.
Nothing is set in stone

Last edited:
And there was a previous occasion that the sport most-likely realised they made a mistake with, when he took Hill out on purpose. Which should also have been a huge penalty.
Schumacher was a cheating bastard at times.

Lewis has always been a fairly clean racer with the odd blip now and again. If that had been anyone other than Max, they would have taken the space to the left and everyone would have said it was a great move. But Max had already set his stall with all the weaving and blocking going into the corner, he was in "block at all costs" mode.
Verstappen unfortunately displays a lot of similar characteristics as Schumacher, a sense of entitlement, willingness to fight dirty and a refusal to accept any responsibility for anything remotely bad (see his response to what he called Lance Stroll). To his credit though, he also displays many of Schumacher's good characteristics and when racing at the top of his game is a joy to watch.

I just hope he focuses on the latter set of qualities for the rest of the season and we're treated to one of the best championship battles for many years, regardless of the final outcome. I'm not sure he will though.

Verstappen unfortunately displays a lot of similar characteristics as Schumacher, a sense of entitlement, willingness to fight dirty and a refusal to accept any responsibility for anything remotely bad (see his response to what he called Lance Stroll). To his credit though, he also displays many of Schumacher's good characteristics and when racing at the top of his game is a joy to watch.

I just hope he focuses on the latter set of qualities for the rest of the season and we're treated to one of the best championship battles for many years, regardless of the final outcome. I'm not sure he will though.
Agreed. And that's where I point to the RB management - instead of enabling this behaviour, they should have been moulding him to be a WDC - someone who knows when to pick his battles.
160mph on the outside at Copse, when you're 40 points ahead in the championship, is a very very poor time to shut the door on a move.

The other thing, that nobody is talking about - the long term picture.

Perhaps it IS worth crashing out, or getting a penalty if the alternative was setting a precident that you will yield if given no other option. Perhaps they both made the right choice?

Interesting though, isn't it. People have been crying out for a real challenge at the top for years. Let's enjoy it.

Perhaps it IS worth crashing out, or getting a penalty if the alternative was setting a precident that you will yield if given no other option. Perhaps they both made the right choice?

Interesting though, isn't it. People have been crying out for a real challenge at the top for years. Let's enjoy it.
Game on, in my opinion. We are being treated to a potentially great battle to end the current turbo-hybrid era.

Definitely! It’s providing a lot of entertainment.

wtf is going on here? have been away for a day and then boom its like it was hit by a kvyat torpedo...

Logon or register to see this image

It reminds me of Brundle's savage comeback to Horner

"It's a shame you're too old to have driven here"
"Shame you wasn't fast enough to get to Formula One!"
Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:

Both now know neither will back down so probably more crashes or atleast close corners to come, only people who dislike this are the accountants.

Back