F1 2021

replace vettel with alonso and quadruple for double and its the same discussion... but that's six times both were the best drivers in the world, so they've done something right, they're both still better than grosjean and i suspect both will be quicker than their respective younger team-mates this season. unless vettels ferrari wilderness years really have messed with him.
I'm not saying he is Taki Inoue, just that he, in my opinion doesn't have that something that Lewis, Michael or Ayrton had.

Tin hat firmly on.

I'm not saying he is Taki Inoue, just that he, in my opinion doesn't have that something that Lewis, Michael or Ayrton had.
Tin hat firmly on.
I've only ever thought of him in that 2nd bracket of drivers. Which is still a list of brilliant drivers. Seb Vettel goes in that bracket too.

I've only ever thought of him in that 2nd bracket of drivers. Which is still a list of brilliant drivers. Seb Vettel goes in that bracket too.
agreed, seb and fernando arent too far apart - i reckon alonso would have been a 3-5 times world champion had he been better managing himself off the track... suspect having the manager he did contributed too.

Tin hat firmly on.
switch michael for jimmy clark personally... i wouldnt put a fanny hair between him, lewis & ayrton.
Just been having a chat with a mate - practice is in Bahrain isn’t it?
pre-season testing? yeh bahrain march 12-14

Last edited:
I would not wish this on anyone and I hope he makes a quick recovery. I am not an Alonso fan and thought his behaviour over the “Gee Pee twoo” engine stuff was reprehensible. Plus he’s too old and he is filling a seat a younger more exciting driver could fill.

Loves to play intra team politics / let his gob go when things aren't going his way. His antics at Mclaren in 07, his likely involvement and willingness to go through with the crashgate plan at Renault 08 and his general slagging off of the team during his later McLaren years really have soured his reputation for me.

Having said that I don't deny he is one of the best drivers so far in this century (you have to say how he dragged that dog of a Ferrari to within a whisker of the title in 2012 was commendable for instance), he just seems to behave like a bit of a s*** at times. I suppose the same could of been said of Mansell, Piquet and Senna mind.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

Last edited:
Loves to play intra team politics / let his gob go when things aren't going his way. His antics at Mclaren in 07, his likely involvement and willingness to go through with the crashgate plan at Renault 08 and his general slagging off of the team during his later McLaren years really have soured his reputation for me.

Having said that I don't deny he is one of the best drivers so far in this century, he just seems to behave like a bit of a s*** at times, suppose the same could of been said of Mansell, Piquet and Senna.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

Well and truly burned his bridges with Ferrari also.

Was looking at some the F1 merch to get my cousin for his birthday. Christ it's as expensive as football gear. Mclaren t shirts are £50, hoodies are £80+.

I'll get him a card instead.

Mr Storey is planning a return to F1
Part 1
Part 2
Incredibly vague, with his return being dependant on his friend buy a majority share in a team. He doesn’t mention which team though😂
The parallels and patterns in his lies with this and his attempt to buy Sunderland are obvious.
No doubt it won’t happen because his friend will be unable to buy the team even though he is obviously the best option for them.

I think Fernando has fallen out with Honda too - he wanted to run a Honda in the indy 500 and they turned him down.

I think!

Last edited:

Back